Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed converting / to \/
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sed converting / to \/ Post 302099471 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 09:28:12 AM
Old 12-12-2006
Code:
echo "a/b/d" | sed 's#/#\\/#g'

When you are using sed to work with "/" characters you have to use another delimiter - in this case I picked "#"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting kb to mb

When I create filesystems in AIX i often get confused(using smit) When you specify size in aix, it is asked like this SIZE of file system (in 512-byte blocks) I never seem to grasp this, what is the equation to get say 500mb? Or is there a program anyone knows of that does this, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to Uppercase

I want to convert string into uppercase string. How can i do that ? Ex: Enter the user name: read name show=upper(name) echo $show --- This output should be the uppercase output. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

3. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting \0 to a \n

Hi - I have seen some similar posts but I am a bit stumped here below is the first line of a 'od -c filename' command. I want to change the \0 to \n 0000000 l s \0 c d - \0 c d . . \0 l s I have tried a sed construct in a script......... sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

5. SCO

library converting

Hi everybody Is there any sco unix command to convert .so library to .a (under sco unix openserver.5.0.6) tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help converting ctlU (^U) to a \12...

I have a file that ends with a ctlU: > cat -v test.file blah,blah,blah,GEAEA*1*xx0000111xxx^UIEA*xxx0^U would like to replace the ctlU (^U) with a "\12"...due to printers or something. I believe I might be able to utilize the tr command, if I could only identify the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a line into a list using awk or sed

Hello, I am trying to convert a line into a list using awk or sed. Line: 345 897 567 098 123 output: 345 897 567 098 123 thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed

Hello folks I have a txt file of information about journal articles from different fields. I need to convert this information into a format that is easier for computers to manipulate for some research that I'm doing on how articles are cited. The file has some header information and then details... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
FS_LISTCELLS(1) 					       AFS Command Reference						   FS_LISTCELLS(1)

NAME
fs_listcells - Displays the database server machines known to the Cache Manager SYNOPSIS
fs listcells [-numeric] [-help] fs listc [-n] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs listcells command formats and displays the list of the database server machines that the Cache Manager stores in kernel memory for its home cell and foreign cells. At each reboot of the client machine, the Cache Manager copies the contents of /etc/openafs/CellServDB into kernel memory. To modify the list between reboots, use the fs newcell command. OPTIONS
-numeric Displays each database server machine's IP address rather than hostname. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output includes a line for each cell included in the Cache Manager's kernel memory list, in the following format: Cell <cell> on hosts <database server machines> The Cache Manager stores IP addresses, but by default has them translated to hostnames before reporting them, by passing them to the cell's name service (such as the Domain Name Service or a local host table). The name service sometimes returns hostnames in uppercase letters, or an IP address if it cannot resolve a name. Using the -numeric flag bypasses the translation to hostnames, which can result in significantly faster production of output. The output includes IP addresses only. EXAMPLES
The following example shows output for several cells as illustrations of the different formats for machine names: % fs listcells Cell abc.com on hosts fs1.abc.com fs2.abc.com fs3.abc.com Cell stateu.edu on hosts DB1.FS.STATEU.EDU DB2.FS.STATEU.EDU DB3.FS.STATEU.EDU Cell def.gov on hosts 138.255.0.2 sv3.def.gov PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_newcell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LISTCELLS(1)