Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File system growth
Operating Systems Solaris File system growth Post 302099444 by blowtorch on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 06:28:28 AM
Old 12-12-2006
You could write script that records the df output and then compares that with the values from the previous month. Run this through cron on the 1st of every month.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

File growth monitoring

Hi, Can any one tell me how to find the growth of a file (monitor). Regards, Jey (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeyanthan_kr
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

calculating disk space for growth

what's the best way to calculate the raw disk space in format. the system is a Solaris system using EMC disks- df -k will give me what's used plus available.Now I need the total disk space that the system is using/assigned. Which means I must inventory the raw disks in format. the system uses... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sholiver
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FS Growth Graph

It's been a while since i've been here.. and hopefully you can help me. I have created a script to get the filesystem utilization. Now i want to create a growth graph, which would show how much kb we increase per day. Here's the data 03-02-2010 00:00:00: /dev/md/dsk/d30 46473377 7355320... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

History of Filesystem Growth

Hi, I am using RHEL AS 5. Is there any command from which I could get the filesystem growth statistics of the last 3 months? regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Daily DB growth script

Hello, I have a script SELECT TO_CHAR(creation_time, 'RRRR Month') "Month", SUM(bytes)/1024/1024 "Growth in MB" FROM sys.v_$datafile WHERE creation_time > SYSDATE-365 GROUP BY TO_CHAR(creation_time, 'RRRR Month') / It produces output similar to this Month ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK way of calculating growth

Hi All, IS there any 'awk' way to manipulate following data? Fruit Date Count Apple 20/08/2011 5 Apple 27/08/2011 7 Apple 05/09/2011 11 Apple 12/09/2011 3 Apple 19/09/2011 25 . . . . Orange 20/08/2011 9 Orange 27/08/2011 20 Orange 27/08/2011 7 Orange 05/09/2011 15 Orange... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniketdixit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder growth in mount points

I have a file server that has a pretty large folder tree. There's a shared folder, under that are 5 departmental folders. Nested inside of those are thousands of subfolders and files. I would like to be able to trace growth of those 5 departmental folders. There are certain particular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
4 Replies

8. Programming

Tablespace growth trend

Hi experts, I have the below details with me.How to calculate the tablespace growth between two dates. sample data(have data upto 1 year): INSTANCE_NAME DATE TABLESPACE_NAME MB_ALLOC MB_FREE MB_USED PCT_FREE PCT_USED MAX ---------------- ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies
cla_gbrpvgrw.f(3)						      LAPACK							 cla_gbrpvgrw.f(3)

NAME
cla_gbrpvgrw.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines REAL function cla_gbrpvgrw (N, KL, KU, NCOLS, AB, LDAB, AFB, LDAFB) CLA_GBRPVGRW computes the reciprocal pivot growth factor norm(A)/norm(U) for a general banded matrix. Function/Subroutine Documentation REAL function cla_gbrpvgrw (integerN, integerKL, integerKU, integerNCOLS, complex, dimension( ldab, * )AB, integerLDAB, complex, dimension( ldafb, * )AFB, integerLDAFB) CLA_GBRPVGRW computes the reciprocal pivot growth factor norm(A)/norm(U) for a general banded matrix. Purpose: CLA_GBRPVGRW computes the reciprocal pivot growth factor norm(A)/norm(U). The "max absolute element" norm is used. If this is much less than 1, the stability of the LU factorization of the (equilibrated) matrix A could be poor. This also means that the solution X, estimated condition numbers, and error bounds could be unreliable. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. KL KL is INTEGER The number of subdiagonals within the band of A. KL >= 0. KU KU is INTEGER The number of superdiagonals within the band of A. KU >= 0. NCOLS NCOLS is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. NCOLS >= 0. AB AB is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDAB,N) On entry, the matrix A in band storage, in rows 1 to KL+KU+1. The j-th column of A is stored in the j-th column of the array AB as follows: AB(KU+1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for max(1,j-KU)<=i<=min(N,j+kl) LDAB LDAB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array AB. LDAB >= KL+KU+1. AFB AFB is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDAFB,N) Details of the LU factorization of the band matrix A, as computed by CGBTRF. U is stored as an upper triangular band matrix with KL+KU superdiagonals in rows 1 to KL+KU+1, and the multipliers used during the factorization are stored in rows KL+KU+2 to 2*KL+KU+1. LDAFB LDAFB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array AFB. LDAFB >= 2*KL+KU+1. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 117 of file cla_gbrpvgrw.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 cla_gbrpvgrw.f(3)