Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to run process in certain date and time Post 302099180 by madmat on Sunday 10th of December 2006 05:59:31 AM
Old 12-10-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by naamas03
hi all!
i want to run a process in certain date and hour (like feb 2007 ,hour 3 p.m)
how shell i write it
my script call cs-update-pr
another question :as the script running, will i see it as process ?ho does it run
background? and if not - how can i define to him to run background?
thanks in advanced
Hi,
Use cron daemon to schedule your script execution (syntax on this forum).
To run background a script, use & symbol at the end of the line (./cs-update-pr &).
Rgds.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process Run time information

Hello, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.7. I am trying to read the running time of a process through a C program. One way I am reading it is by using the command ps -<pid> -f The other way is from the struct psinfo_t which is there under /proc/pid/psinfo. However, the two times are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmurali
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date and Time of Process

Hello experts, I would like to know if there's a way to know the date and time of a process. This is the cenarium: I've got a script (not made by me) that gives me the processes working and the possibility to kill witch one i want. Sometimes when the clients are working, their licences... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to get process start date and time

what is command to get same using ps with switch. I know process id, by specify process id. It should work on solaris and hp-ux I will be happy if for both different commands. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

start process at assidned date and time

How can I start FTP at assigned DATE and TIME? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd2003
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run multiple process at the same time

Hello guys, Look what im doing: I need to run a process from a SERVER1 to SERVER2, SERVER3 and SERVER4. The shell of the process is in each SERVER (2 to 4) So from SERVER1 i do: for i in SERVER2 SERVER3 SERVER4 do rsh $i ' ./process.sh ' done The problem is: each process.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
2 Replies

6. Programming

kill a process which run out of time

hello everybody!! i want ur help! it is urgent!! ... pid=fork(); if(pid==0) { execl(a program); exit(1);} else if (pid>0) { timer(5); //(command 1)timer is a function that count up to 5sec if(kill(pid,0)==0)kill(pid,9);//(command 2) wait(&status); .... } else perror("error");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to get process start date and time in SOLARIS?

how can I get the process start date and time? using ps command i can get the timstamp for a process, which are started today. and only date (MMM DD) for others. i need to get both for all the running process. please help. Regards, Jagadeeswaran.K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeeswaran.K
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run process with nohup every certain time

Hi, I need execute a script every 30 minutes. As might be done without using cron Thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script in time and date range

i need to run one script inside of other, and there is some terms - main script in scheduled in cron for everyday runing every 5min - i need to run /tmp/script2.sh after first 3 days in month - i need to run /tmp/script2.sh from 7-9AM, main script is runining all day all recommendations are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To run 5 commands at the same time with process from a list

I have many command is list in the variable lists,each command will run a very long time, so I want to run 5 commands at the same time with process till it complete run all the command, lists="aa bb cc dd xx gg blabla zz ......." ( a very long list) can some one point me the codes? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
rt-email-dashboards(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					    rt-email-dashboards(8)

NAME
rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards SYNOPSIS
rt-email-dashboards [options] DESCRIPTION
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed. Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise. SETUP
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt4/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user. OPTIONS
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging. -h --help Display this documentation --dryrun Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate or email any of them --time SECONDS Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007). --epoch SECONDS Back-compat for --time SECONDS. --all Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and debugging) perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-dashboards(8)