Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read file from within AWK and save $1 to a variable Post 302099108 by vgersh99 on Friday 8th of December 2006 02:40:49 PM
Old 12-08-2006
Code:
getline myVar1 < path2FortranOutputFile1
getline myVar2 < path2FortranOutputFile2

or better yet... - post the relative piece(s) of your AWK script to fully understand the context of the question.

Last edited by vgersh99; 12-08-2006 at 03:50 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read popup message and save it in file

Hi, I am trying to automate one of the application using IE:Auotmation in perl My web application has few text fields and 2 buttons "Save Changes" and "Discard Changes".I have written code to enter values to the text fields fetching from input file and click the button "Save Changes".As soon as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyo123.jyothi
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and save result on a different file

Hi, If I type: ls -l *txt | awk '{print $8}' I get the file listing if I am in the directory. If I try to do the same from a job flow, doing also other things, I can't do ls -l directory/*txt | awk '{print $8}' > directory/result.txt or echo ls -l directory/*txt | awk '{print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: essemario
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot get to read from file and save to file

how can i get this script to read users input from file and save the users input if it is not in the file? #!/bin/sh echo -n "filename:" read filename for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo -n "Enter filename:" read lineoftext echo "$lineoftext" >> $filename done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the variable with awk

final.txt file contains SY10020021 SY10023077 3199 4 803.815 11884 4 1825.22 2.2707 say set FIRSTLINE = SY10020021 set SECONDLINE=SY10023077 cat final.txt | awk '{if($1==${FIRSTLINE} & $2==${SECONDLINE}){print $9}else{print "ll"}}'..............this should give me value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save awk record field in bourne shell variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script that maintains the health of the passwd file. The goal is to check for duplicate usernames, UID's etc. I am able to find and sort out the UID and login names via awk (which I would like to use), but I can't figure out how to save the record field into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file name from a text file and save it in a variable

i have a text file consists of different file names like: line 1: lib/libIMb.so message broker file line 2: lil/imbdfg.lil message broker file i need to extract libIMb.so and imbdfg.lil files from those lines and save them in a variable. so that i can search for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to save a data of a file into a variable?

My requirement is to read a column data from a file & save it in a variable for each row & process it. I am using the below code- Leadlines="$TGTFILE/Error.txt">>$log_file while read line do id = ` echo $line | cut -d "," -f1 ` email = ` echo $line | cut -d "," -f2 ` ----------- done My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To count total of specific character in a file and save its value to a variable

Hi all, I have a file that contains characters. How do I get total of spesific character from that file and save the count to a variable for doing for calculation. data.txt 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 5 4 3 4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and save every word in a variable to use

Hello there so i have a txt file containing word like "one two three four plus four five six". I want to save every word in the file into a variable, and then use that variable to generate real numbers and apply the arithmetic value on them. example: the txt files becomes 123 + 456 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azaiiez
10 Replies
SAMPLE(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   SAMPLE(3alleg4)

NAME
SAMPLE - Stores sound data. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> typedef struct SAMPLE DESCRIPTION
int bits; - 8 or 16 int stereo; - sample type flag int freq; - sample frequency int priority; - 0-255 unsigned long len; - length (in samples) unsigned long loop_start; - loop start position unsigned long loop_end; - loop finish position void *data; - raw sample data A sample structure, which holds sound data, used by the digital sample routines. You can consider all of these fields as read only except priority, loop_start and loop_end, which you can change them for example after loading a sample from disk. The priority is a value from 0 to 255 (by default set to 128) and controls how hardware voices on the sound card are allocated if you attempt to play more than the driver can handle. This may be used to ensure that the less important sounds are cut off while the important ones are preserved. The variables loop_start and loop_end specify the loop position in sample units, and are set by default to the start and end of the sample. If you are creating your own samples on the fly, you might also want to modify the raw data of the sample pointed by the data field. The sample data are always in unsigned format. This means that if you are loading a PCM encoded sound file with signed 16-bit samples, you would have to XOR every two bytes (i.e. every sample value) with 0x8000 to change the signedness. SEE ALSO
load_sample(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 SAMPLE(3alleg4)