Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What's wrong with my system? Solaris not booting. Post 302099047 by CollenM on Friday 8th of December 2006 06:22:34 AM
Old 12-08-2006
Computer

Thanks Reborg all is working fine now.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem of booting system in init 5 level

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and I am not booting my computer into graphics mode i.e. It gets hangs after the step of Enabling swap space... I.e system is not able to enter into runlevel 5. However, when I boot it into 'runlevel3' and then I do "#startx", It enetrs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

system not booting after running local boot scripts

I have two systems in my computer . I update the ubuntu system these days and always interrupt it and exit the system . now the system cannot boot after Running local boot scripts(/etc/rc.local), it just stops there. i have to terminate the gnome display manager. what can i do with it ? thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcb3210
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 booting from wrong device

Hi, I'm trying to boot solaris 8 box and it seems to boot off from wrong device: ok boot -s Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@8/disk@0,0:a File and args: -s SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-20 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. ifconfig:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Booting from wrong SCSI-disk. Error -256 Stack Underflow

Hi. I need to boot on Sun Blade 150 from scsi-disk, that ran on old Sun Ultra 10. It is necessary to take some the information from an old disk and something to study. The workstation is booted and I receive the following issue::mad: Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 650MHz), No Keyboard (tip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
3 Replies

5. AIX

System is not booting

the error is 0518 /usr mnt failed, pleaze tell me how i can fix it ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

7. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red Hat system not booting up

Hello, I had a linux server running mysql db without any issues, it just panic'd and now its not coming up , unfortunately we do not have backup for this server as well can anybody help on this. Following is the error Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0 ) notwithin permissible range Red... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)