Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Please tell me the Detailed Booting procedure of Solaris 8 Post 302098911 by max29583 on Thursday 7th of December 2006 09:41:00 AM
Old 12-07-2006
Please tell me the Detailed Booting procedure of Solaris 8

Can anyone explain me the detailed booting procedure on Solaris 2.8

Regards,
Max29583

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun solaris Installation Procedure

hi, can any body tell me the exact installation of the Sun solaris........ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris m/c not booting

My Solaris machine is not booting.It just stops at the point Boot device: /pci@1e,600000/ide@d/disk@0,0:a File and args: Whether i try boot or boot -s it is stopping at this point.. I tried boot cdom -s.It went into single user mode but I am not able to run a fsck in this mode. Right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with booting Solaris 9

Folks; I have a Solaris 9 server that after power outage it won't come fully up and i was able to bring it up in single user mode and checked "/var/log/messages" & "/var/adm/messages" with nothing showing since Sept. 17. i ran fsck and no luck. I ran all tests from the OK prompt with no luck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with Booting procedure

Hello guys, I am a newbie to solaris 10. Recently I was going through booting procedure of solaris 10 on sparc machines, there I was not clear with kernel phase because I read like /etc/system file is read by kernel even before root filesystem is loaded, How is it possible?? Please Help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen12
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Booting Solaris 10/09

What type of communication does Solaris 10/09 need to do with it's default gateway before it can boot up? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstauffer
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies