Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem Starting CDE
Operating Systems Solaris Problem Starting CDE Post 302098901 by rochitsharma on Thursday 7th of December 2006 08:36:59 AM
Old 12-07-2006
no, i have not read the Release Notes... But I have installed Solaris using its GUI interface only.... Please could u help me out...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE problem

I created a general use account on my Sparc system. The problem is this: I did a "useradd -g general -G sysadmin -d /usr/home/sameer sameer" (after I made the directories) But it seems that no .profile or other files were written to this directory. Now what's happening is when I try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

CDE login Problem for root user only

Hi All, I m facing a problem that, i m not able to login as root user on cde on hp-ux 11.00, i can login as root on commond line as well as telnet. Thanks in Advance for help. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

root login problem in cde

Hi All, I m facing a problem that, i m not able to login as root user on cde on hp-ux 11.00, i can login as root on commond line as well as telnet. Thanks in Advance for help. Regards, Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please Help with Tru64 CDE problem

When using the GUI we are unable to bring up the window for printer. We go through Applications/configuration/print this is the window that will not work all the other windows work ! Would anyone have any idea how to correct this and make the print window appear ???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Hp-UX 11.23 - CDE not starting

Hi. I installed HP UX few weeks ago. It had some problems with DNS resolving, but I have solved it. Before the last shutdown all was fine. Now CDE is not starting anymore (no desktop logon - only console logon). Also mail deamon starts for about 5 minutes, so I removed it from rc2.d. CDE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

CDE server is starting, but I don't gar a graphival logon

Hi. I have HP J5000 workstation with Visualize FX4 graphics card and HP-UX 11.23 64bit. When system is booting I get: Start CDE login Server....................OK] But I don't see that X Windows are starting. The only thing what I get is console login. Somebody knows how to fix it? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 CDE Problem

All, I'm running Solaris 8 on a Sparcbook. One of my users, when logging in, defaults to Open Windows desktop rather than CDE. All other users get logged into CDE just fine. Is there a file or something that tells the system what default login is? I'm confused as to why it's just for this one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leosmith78
4 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)