Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hot Keys
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hot Keys Post 302098778 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of December 2006 05:28:12 PM
Old 12-06-2006
What do you mean by using UNIX in a DOS window? Are you connecting to a shell with ssh or something like that?

I'm not sure I understand your example. You want to type in A12.1.13.15 and have it come out as aaaaBbbbCccc? Try
Code:
$ alias A12.1.13.15="echo 'Hello there'"
$ A12.1.13.15
Hello there
$

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arrow keys / special keys

how to use the arrow keys in shell scripting. is there any special synatax / command for this. i just want to use the arrow keys for navigation. replies appreciated raguram R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot Keys

I am a new user, using UNIX in a DOS window. Is there a way to code a "Hot Key" for a string of commands? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwtlr
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Too Hot Here

Officially, we had high of 96°F with a relative humidity of 52% here in Rockville Md today. But my car's thermometer said the outside temp was 110° when I first got in this afternoon. After driving for 30 minutes it cooled down to 103°. I actually have a nasty burn on my hand just from leaning... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are public keys in ssh and how do we create the public keys??

Hi All, I am having knowledge on some basics of ssh and wanted to know what are the public keys and how can we create and implement it in connecting server. Please provide the information for the above, it would be helpful for me. Thanks, Ravindra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi3cha
1 Replies
ZGGSVP(l)								 )								 ZGGSVP(l)

NAME
ZGGSVP - compute unitary matrices U, V and Q such that N-K-L K L U'*A*Q = K ( 0 A12 A13 ) if M-K-L >= 0 SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZGGSVP( JOBU, JOBV, JOBQ, M, P, N, A, LDA, B, LDB, TOLA, TOLB, K, L, U, LDU, V, LDV, Q, LDQ, IWORK, RWORK, TAU, WORK, INFO ) CHARACTER JOBQ, JOBU, JOBV INTEGER INFO, K, L, LDA, LDB, LDQ, LDU, LDV, M, N, P DOUBLE PRECISION TOLA, TOLB INTEGER IWORK( * ) DOUBLE PRECISION RWORK( * ) COMPLEX*16 A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), Q( LDQ, * ), TAU( * ), U( LDU, * ), V( LDV, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
ZGGSVP computes unitary matrices U, V and Q such that N-K-L K L U'*A*Q = K ( 0 A12 A13 ) if M-K-L >= 0; L ( 0 0 A23 ) M-K-L ( 0 0 0 ) N-K-L K L = K ( 0 A12 A13 ) if M-K-L < 0; M-K ( 0 0 A23 ) N-K-L K L V'*B*Q = L ( 0 0 B13 ) P-L ( 0 0 0 ) where the K-by-K matrix A12 and L-by-L matrix B13 are nonsingular upper triangular; A23 is L-by-L upper triangular if M-K-L >= 0, otherwise A23 is (M-K)-by-L upper trapezoidal. K+L = the effective numerical rank of the (M+P)-by-N matrix (A',B')'. Z' denotes the conjugate transpose of Z. This decomposition is the preprocessing step for computing the Generalized Singular Value Decomposition (GSVD), see subroutine ZGGSVD. ARGUMENTS
JOBU (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Unitary matrix U is computed; = 'N': U is not computed. JOBV (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'V': Unitary matrix V is computed; = 'N': V is not computed. JOBQ (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'Q': Unitary matrix Q is computed; = 'N': Q is not computed. M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. P (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix B. P >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrices A and B. N >= 0. A (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A contains the triangular (or trapezoidal) matrix described in the Purpose section. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,N) On entry, the P-by-N matrix B. On exit, B contains the triangular matrix described in the Purpose section. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,P). TOLA (input) DOUBLE PRECISION TOLB (input) DOUBLE PRECISION TOLA and TOLB are the thresholds to determine the effective numerical rank of matrix B and a sub- block of A. Generally, they are set to TOLA = MAX(M,N)*norm(A)*MAZHEPS, TOLB = MAX(P,N)*norm(B)*MAZHEPS. The size of TOLA and TOLB may affect the size of backward errors of the decomposition. K (output) INTEGER L (output) INTEGER On exit, K and L specify the dimension of the subblocks described in Purpose section. K + L = effective numerical rank of (A',B')'. U (output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDU,M) If JOBU = 'U', U contains the unitary matrix U. If JOBU = 'N', U is not referenced. LDU (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array U. LDU >= max(1,M) if JOBU = 'U'; LDU >= 1 otherwise. V (output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDV,M) If JOBV = 'V', V contains the unitary matrix V. If JOBV = 'N', V is not referenced. LDV (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array V. LDV >= max(1,P) if JOBV = 'V'; LDV >= 1 otherwise. Q (output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDQ,N) If JOBQ = 'Q', Q contains the unitary matrix Q. If JOBQ = 'N', Q is not referenced. LDQ (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array Q. LDQ >= max(1,N) if JOBQ = 'Q'; LDQ >= 1 otherwise. IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N) RWORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (2*N) TAU (workspace) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N) WORK (workspace) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (max(3*N,M,P)) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. FURTHER DETAILS
The subroutine uses LAPACK subroutine ZGEQPF for the QR factorization with column pivoting to detect the effective numerical rank of the a matrix. It may be replaced by a better rank determination strategy. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZGGSVP(l)