Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Basic questions on writing a Unix Service (newbie help!) Post 302098728 by Rutland Gizz on Wednesday 6th of December 2006 09:49:27 AM
Old 12-06-2006
Thanks Jim, thats just about spot on! (Always wondered what a daemon was...!!!)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing a .NET service to be Hosted in UNIX

Has anyone here written an MS compatible .NET service that is hosted and served from a UNIX server instead of a W2K server? I love programming and writing .NET services with Visual Studio.NET and C#, but there is a fundamental problem --the Win2k server itself. It is not near as reliable as Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeslekmc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic UNIX questions

Can somebody please tell me a little about UNIX OS. For instance, is it ideal for digital media or how easy is it to get help and support? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buk5d
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix Questions

OK, here's a question from a true UNIX newb: How does one make a 20 line file? I'm lost. :confused: OK, I figured it out. :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kitchen Zinc
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix questions for newbie

Hi Unix gurus, I know these are some easy questions. But i just want to be sure about them. Hope someone can help explain the following please? 1) if ] - What does the "-r" means? 2) isql -U $DBUSER -D $DBNAME -S $DSQUERY -w 1000 -s";" << testfile > $FILE - What does the -s";" mean and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some basic questions about unix ..

Hi all today i gone through worst interview of my life that for hour questions were so basic but i never though about them now i am figuring out answers my self but i would appreciate if you ppl help me ... i am listing some of the questions i remember .. 1 ) $ cat a.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couple of newbie Unix questions

I entered a command at the prompt and it's interactive (not background). It gathers some stats and writes them to a file. I want to see this job running and what it's doing - I/O especially and maybe CPU and stuff. What can do to see this (say using a second session?) I know it's a long job but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Newbie question

Hey guys I searched for this for the past few hours but maybe I dont know what the heck I am searching for. I am looking how to locate my .profile and where the heck I can find it to be able to edit it. Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koopa_Troopa
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some basic unix questions pls iam a newbie

what is a assembler what isa interpreter what is a compiler what is a socket what is a port what is meant by listening to a port how we do it how to know version and standard of unix one is using when one is on public access unix account how to see a jobid in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scimitar
1 Replies
NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)							 1							  NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)

nsapi_virtual - Perform an NSAPI sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool nsapi_virtual (string $uri) DESCRIPTION
nsapi_virtual(3) is an NSAPI-specific function which is equivalent to <!--#include virtual...--> in SSI ( .shtml files). It does an NSAPI sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you'd parse through webserver. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. You cannot make recursive requests with this function to other PHP scripts. If you want to include PHP scripts, use include(3) or require(3). Note This function depends on a undocumented feature of the Netscape/iPlanet/Sun webservers. Use phpinfo(3) to determine if it is avail- able. In the Unix environment it should always work, in Windows it depends on the name of a ns-httpdXX.dll file. Read the note about subrequests in the NSAPI section (UNIX, Windows) if you experience this problem. PARAMETERS
o $uri - The URI of the script. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)