Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loading values into a MYSQL database Post 302098626 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of December 2006 01:03:42 PM
Old 12-05-2006
Quote:
1. Write a shell script to to pick up the exchange rates file from the url - is this possible in unix?
Yes, this'd be the natural place to start. You couldn't ask for a better input format, nothing better than UNIX for eating text. And once you've got the values it won't be difficult to stick them in a query and feed them into the database console. For getting the page itself automatically, you can use wget.
Quote:
2. Parse the exchange rates file in unix using awk, to get the GBP_USD & GBP_EUR exchange rates.
Or bash, or perl, or any other language that can read and write text. You have many options.
Quote:
3. pass these values to a stored procedure to load into the database? can this be down in unix? I have executed Oracle stored procedures from unix using the SQLPLUS command, but never done this to a MYSQL database.
mysql has a similar commandline tool. It is called, bafflingly, mysql. Smilie
Code:
tyler@mecgentoo ~ $ echo "SHOW DATABASES" | mysql -u<clipped>
Database
information_schema
inventory
mec
mec_login
parts
test
tools

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Loading mysql library error..

I am making cpp application with mysql databases. I m able to compile my application, but when i m executing the program, i m getting the loading errror as - error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for loading a data from a file into database

Hi All, I am trying to load a data from a files in a particular directory to a database.. cd $SCC isql metdb >> ${LOGDATA}/LOAD.LOG < ! load from "${LDATA}/${FORM}.ld" insert into $LOADTABLE ! But it's showing the error "syntax error at line 46 : `<<' unmatched" Can u plz help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

data is seen as NULL after loading into database

hello, when I load a data from text file all the values become NULL in the table. Please help me with this problem. Thanks sheen (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheen
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loading data from DB2 database to CSV file

Hi everyone!! I need help regarding this. How can we load data from DB2 Database tables into a Comma Separated File? I also have another Question? Using Shell scripting, Is it easy to read Data from a table or from a text file? It is very urgent for me. Please help me out guys. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL?

Hi All, Thanks in Advance!! How to backup a particular Databases..through Bash script!! For example i have 6 databases; Anish linux Software Questions Rhce Google these are the databases i have from that i want to take "Anish" and "questions" database backup regularly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File fetching from mysql database

I have a configuration file namely: abcd, that will be use for some service (like gammu) Inside that configuration file: number1 = 66673527 number1 = 8373272 How can I make the file to search the number1 and number2 from a mysql database? Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid locks while loading database through UNIX script.?

Hi, I have the following requirement: I have load_cdr as main scriptwhich loads all the file records into vertica database through unix script. But there are two files which try to update same table..n thats y my script is getting failed... Can any1 give me some logic how to over come this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies
tcgetattr(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					     tcgetattr(3C)

NAME
tcgetattr - get the parameters associated with the terminal SYNOPSIS
#include <termios.h> int tcgetattr(int fildes, struct termios *termios_p); DESCRIPTION
The tcgetattr() function gets the parameters associated with the terminal referred to by fildes and stores them in the termios structure (see termio(7I)) referenced by termios_p. The fildes argument is an open file descriptor associated with a terminal. The termios_p argument is a pointer to a termios structure. The tcgetattr() operation is allowed from any process. If the terminal device supports different input and output baud rates, the baud rates stored in the termios structure returned by tcge- tattr() reflect the actual baud rates, even if they are equal. If differing baud rates are not supported, the rate returned as the output baud rate is the actual baud rate. If the terminal device does not support split baud rates, the input baud rate stored in the termios structure will be 0. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The tcgetattr() function will fail if: EBADF The fildes argument is not a valid file descriptor. ENOTTY The file associated with fildes is not a terminal. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe, and Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
tcsetattr(3C), attributes(5), standards(5), termio(7I) SunOS 5.10 14 Aug 2002 tcgetattr(3C)