Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding routes in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris adding routes in Solaris Post 302098441 by suntac on Monday 4th of December 2006 09:25:30 AM
Old 12-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_52000
Solaris Guru's

What is the proper way to add routes in the routing table so after a node reboot the routes will not be lost.

I understand the /etc/defaultrouter for the default router
and the <route add> command but using this command routes will be removed once the node reboots.

Thanks
for more info on routing take a look at:http://www.terminalcult.org/manpages...&Search=Search

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an interface to solaris?

I have a quad ethernet card in my sun box, and only 3 of them are visable when I "ifconfig -a". How do I activate the the 4th one? I think it is solaris 5.6. Thanks. Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmaniscalco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding Fonts to Solaris 2.8

Does anyone know the location where to place a series of new fonts, so its asseble by general applications (equiv. to C:\WINNT\Fonts) in WIN2000. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding interfaces in solaris 9

Hi, Have a solaris 9 e420, one onboard nic. Now I added a quad nic card. I have never had more than a single interface. Any help on setting this new card up? or links? PLease? ; thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an additional harddrive in solaris 9

Hello, I have a system which a new harddrive was installed for additional space. I now need to mount the drive and transfer data from /home to the new drive with a mount point named /home. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding a user twice to Solaris OS

is it possible to add a user twice to solaris server with the same id? i have been added twice in the past week and that is messing up one application that i am using which authenticate against the os. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: basel
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with routes in Solaris 10

Hello All, I have a Solaris 10 machine with 4 physical network interfaces configured viz. igb0, e1000g0, igb2 and e1000g2. Out of these interfaces, I am routing all my normal monitoring and O&M activities via. igb0 and e1000g0 interfaces. However, I am facing an issue on one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Adding User in Solaris Error.....

Hi all, when I type this command useradd -d /home/ram89 -m ram89 it gives an error unable to create home directory. Why so ? How to create user in Solaris? The perfect method? Please guide me. Thanks in advance Manali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

8. Solaris

New to Solaris (Checking/Adding network and harddisk)

Hi all, As per the topic goes, q1) how do i check remotely (over ssh) - how many physical network interfaces I really have ? -- if an interface exists before and it got plug out, it must not be show again. -- i tried dladm show-link and ifconfig -a, but it seems to show a previously... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
4 Replies