Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Where's the .profile environment config for root under Bourne shell? Post 302098316 by sparcguy on Saturday 2nd of December 2006 03:22:34 AM
Old 12-02-2006
normally it shud be under /etc/skel and called local.profile or something

just copy it to /.profile chmod 755 and edit it to your preference

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Profile and environment variable

Hi, I'm using solaris 8 and I need to know where I can add the following variable to have it applied to all my user Ids. I tried to add this to /etc/profile but not working when i check with "env" command : export PW_MATRIX=/usr/local/ccms/security/dat/.PASSWORD_MATRIX export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is .profile and environment variable linked..

:( 1.) How is .profile and environment variable linked.? 2.) What happens when we execute a script.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
3 Replies

4. Programming

Clarification abt .profile,config,env

Hi, I need to know the purpose of .profile,config and env file . what is the 1)similarties 2)difference between these 3. If env is not a file, when we give command env we are getting some information, from where or which file we are getting this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

5. AIX

Environment variable values encrption in profile

Hello This is the format of present profile which we use for a AIX user export DMRUNuser ; DMRUNuser="owbrunuser_10" export DMRUNpasswd ; DMRUNpasswd="ods$12345" DMRUNuser&DMRUNpasswd were the environmental users which store the user id and password of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpana.anuga
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne script: Check for root and oracle user

I have 2 separate Bourne shell scripts with 2 questions in Sun O/S & UNIX environment. Question 1: One of the scripts is supposed to be executed by "root" user only but cannot be executed after user executes "su - oracle". How can I check in the script whether the current user is "root" user?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: totziens
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up my boot environment or root profile

Ok, a couple weeks ago I was fixing a cron report about perl not happy with 'locale' info (LANG and LC not set). As a result, I was experimenting with setting the correct 'locale' in several areas (like /etc/sysconfig/i18n and who knows where). Somehow after a reboot, as soon as the OS starts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garball
3 Replies

9. AIX

Profile environment variables lost after mksysb restore

Hello. I restore an mksysb image (AIX 5.3 TL 11) from one model to another model of Power (power 5 to power 7). Everything seems good, but I lost environment variables of at least one of a user profile. The result of the "env" command show me great differences between two servers, first of them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue Regarding environment/.profile file

Hi All, I have my own .profile file and environment file. To execute some commands I always need to load some module using module command and change my environment files to project environment file (. /some/project/some/path/init.environ).Without changing my environment file to project file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
2 Replies
AA-AUTODEP(8)							     AppArmor							     AA-AUTODEP(8)

NAME
aa-autodep - guess basic AppArmor profile requirements SYNOPSIS
aa-autodep <executable> [<executable> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-autodep is used to generate a minimal AppArmor profile for a set of executables. This program will generate a profile for binary executable as well as interpreted script programs. At a minimum aa-autodep will provide a base profile containing a base include directive which includes basic profile entries needed by most programs. The profile is generated by recursively calling ldd(1) on the executables listed on the command line. BUGS
This program does not perform full static analysis of executables, so the profiles generated are necessarily incomplete. If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-complain(1), aa-enforce(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-AUTODEP(8)