Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting autorep command cut longer jobnames. Anybody into autosys / autorep? Post 302098175 by pankajdharmik on Friday 1st of December 2006 05:56:36 AM
Old 12-01-2006
Hi ,

Just in case you haven't got the solution ....use "-w" option of autorep command
# autorep -J <job name> -w

This will not truncate the output with "..."

-Pankaj

Last edited by pankajdharmik; 12-01-2006 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: solution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

autorep command to get autosys command

Hi, how can i use unix shell command to get the autosys commands for a set of given jobs? autorep -J EMP% -w returns all autosys jobnames starting with EMP and runtimes However, i also want to see the autosys 'command' corresponding to the above jobs. I don't want to sql query the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrinu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

autorep command in autosys

hi, i have autosys installed on unix. i use "autorep -j t8i%" command to see the scheduled jobs. now i have changed some of the jobs and saved them too. i gave the command jil< filename.jil to again insert the jobs. but my problem is what is the command to run all the jobs again so that i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

From where Machine name is taken in autorep report

Hi, When i tried to run a job on autosys which has to run a command on sys1 but its giving some other Machine name (sys56) , attempts ten times and fails. I would like to know from where this Machine column of autorep command gets input so that i can change to correct Host Machine (sys1) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ishakarthi
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

autosys command(autorep) from command prompt

Hi, I am using AUTOSYS GUI based tool. But I want to get the job status from the UNIX command prompt. 1. I want to execute only autorep command in the UNIX command prompt. If need to execute this command what are the settings need to do that. 2. Is it possible for executing this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

autorep command in the script

I have created UNIX script for getting information for the autosys jobs using autorep command. Job_name=temp_job1 echo $Job_name autorep -j $job_name -l0 After running the script I am getting the below error Error while loading shared libraries: libautoeac_api.so: cannot share object... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk with autosys autorep

Hi, How to get correct field/column from autosys autorep command. I'm using GNU/Linux I'm trying to get the difference of last end and last start and the status (ST). In awk, i get the following excluding the heading part $1 - jobname $2 - Last Start date $3 - Last Start time $4 - Last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autorep command does not work from crontab !

Hi, I have written a ksh script and I'ma using the following command in it: autorep -j %abcd% | grep RU | grep BOX1 The script works fine when executed manualy on the command prompt. But does not work when scheduled in crontab. I could see the following in the crontab log: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish1428
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with running the "autorep" command via crontab

Hi, The user "MadeInGermany" tried to help on the below post by saying "This has been asked before; see the links below. Get your current LD_LIBRARY_PATH and redefine that in your ksh script! " Thanks for the help. but this did not help. And my post got locked. I can't reply on my previous... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autorep not found problem

Hi All, I am using a putty session to login a server in which autosys is installed. we get the GUI by entering . /opt/CA/UnicenterAutoSysJM/autouser/autosys.ksh.server and then jobscape. when i tried autorep -j jobname it gives me autorep not found. Please help me with this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check only Autosys running jobs with autorep like command

Hi, Is there any specific command to use to check only say Running jobs via autorep or similar command for Autosys? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
0 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 TRUNCATE(1)