Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unique number for a date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unique number for a date Post 302098008 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 30th of November 2006 05:56:41 AM
Old 11-30-2006
I think you want to check the FAQ and look for datecalc - it's a script that does date arithmetic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count unique number of user loged in

Hi all, I am taking my first course in unix and having some problems. I would line to create a scrip that does the following: 1) will tell me the number of users logged in. If a user is logged more than once just count it only ones. 2) want to be able to display the number of users that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory Inode Number Not Unique

Hi, I know that inode for each file is unique, but is it the for the directory? So far I found different directories has the same inode nubmer when you do ls -i, could some one explain why? Thanks a lot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display unique number

Hi, how i can display all the unique number from my random number script below; #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; my @alphanum = ( 'A' .. 'Z', 'a' .. 'z', 0 .. 9); my $random = join('', map($alphanum,(1..5))); print "$random\n"; Thank You. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find Unique not used Number

Wrote a script to create a hidden account in OS X. It works perfect but I need to check if the UID is already in use before I tried to create the account. dscl . list /Users UniqueID | awk '{print $2}' | while read UIDS do if ; then echo "UID Is Already in USE" i=`expr "$2" - 1` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

minimum number of unique key

input a 1 a 2 a -1 b 1 b 2 b 3 output a -1 b 1 Thanx ---------- Post updated at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:10 PM ---------- Ok I managed it (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the number of unique words in a file

find the number of unique words in a file using sort com- mand. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhikamune
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count number of unique patterns from a log file

Hello Everyone I need your help in fixing this issue., I have a log file which has data of users logging in to an application. I want to search for a particular pattern in the log ISSessionValidated=N If this key word is found , the above 8 lines will contain the name of the user who's... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtechkid
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines with unique string AND number

In Bash using AWK or sed I need to convert the following file: ... numitem_tab0 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p><p>5 KEYWORD</p>...<p>25 KEYWORD</p> subitem_tab0 =<p></p><p></p> ... numitem_tab6 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
2 Replies

9. Programming

Unique Number Identifying

I'm trying to solve the below problem for a number: Enter a number and if it has all unique digits print unique number else non-unique number. Eg: Input=123; Output=unique number Input=112; Output=Non-unique number The thing i tried is splitting the number into digits by using % operator... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of unique values in each column of array

What is an efficient way of counting the number of unique values in a 400 column by 1000 row array and outputting the counts per column, assuming the unique values in the array are: A, B, C, D In other words the output should look like: Value COL1 COL2 COL3 A 50 51 52... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
16 Replies
DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_SET(3)						 1					      DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_SET(3)

date_default_timezone_set - Sets the default timezone used by all date/time functions in a script

SYNOPSIS
bool date_default_timezone_set (string $timezone_identifier) DESCRIPTION
date_default_timezone_set(3) sets the default timezone used by all date/time functions. Note Since PHP 5.1.0 (when the date/time functions were rewritten), every call to a date/time function will generate a E_NOTICE if the timezone isn't valid, and/or a E_WARNING message if using the system settings or the $TZ environment variable. Instead of using this function to set the default timezone in your script, you can also use the INI setting date.timezone to set the default timezone. PARAMETERS
o $timezone_identifier - The timezone identifier, like UTC or Europe/Lisbon. The list of valid identifiers is available in the "List of Supported Time- zones". RETURN VALUES
This function returns FALSE if the $timezone_identifier isn't valid, or TRUE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting the default timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); $script_tz = date_default_timezone_get(); if (strcmp($script_tz, ini_get('date.timezone'))){ echo 'Script timezone differs from ini-set timezone.'; } else { echo 'Script timezone and ini-set timezone match.'; } ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Now throws E_WARNING rather than E_STRICT. | | | | | 5.1.2 | | | | | | | The function started to validate the $time- | | | zone_identifier parameter. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date_default_timezone_get(3), "List of Supported Timezones". PHP Documentation Group DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_SET(3)