Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a file in Shell Script Post 302097975 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 30th of November 2006 01:25:12 AM
Old 11-30-2006
Quote:
grep -v "^\#" tmp
What is the need for "^\#" ?

Just "^#" would do. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for parsing 300mb log file..

am relatively new to Shell scripting. I have written a script for parsing a big file. The logic is: Apart from lot of other useless stuffs, there are many occurances of <abc> and corresponding </abc> tags. (All of them are properly closed) My requirement is to find a particular tag (say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpreet470
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing a CSV file with Shell script

I have a CSV file which contains number series as one of the fields. Some of the records of the field look like : 079661/3 I have to convert the above series as 079661 079662 079663 and store it as 3 different records. Looking for help on how to achieve this. Am a newbie at Shell... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirk
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a line in Shell Script

I have record line somthing like below with first line showing char spacing not real record line 1 | 2 | 3rd Field--------------|-4th field--| This is charcatersapcing of line DF20000000000000000130.7890000000750 I shoudl get two line from above line 1st line should 1 | 2 | 3rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script parsing with sed

#I'm quite new to scripting and my boss has asked me to solve a simple problem and sadly, I can't figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated. :confused: #The following is a small shell script and the output that it produces for google.com. #!/bin/sh whois $1 | grep "Name Server"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parsing log

Hi I Have log like this : 0 234: { 3 2: 04 EE 7 14: '20081114081' 23 1: 00 79 10: '38809' 91 15: '528111510010159' 143 29: 'Streaming/downloading service' 174 3: 'MTV' 179 43: 'rtsp://172.28/MTV2GO-Loop.sdp' 224 1: 05 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing using shell script

I have a file parameters.txt which contains 151524 151525 I have another file OID.csv which contains NE Version Object Type ID SDK param name Object OID test1 Start: 4.2 End: 4.2 pan 151524 speed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not parsing complete file using AWK

Hi, I have shell script which will read single edi document and break data between ST & SE to separate files.Below example should create 3 separate files. I have written script with the below command and it is working fine for smaller files. awk -F\| -vt=`date +%m%d%y%H%M%S%s` \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadm
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)