Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding routes in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris adding routes in Solaris Post 302097933 by Brad_52000 on Wednesday 29th of November 2006 12:58:56 PM
Old 11-29-2006
Thanks for the reply, if this files not exist, do I create a file name routes, and if this is the case will the entries follow this format

10.0.83.5 10.0.97.249

10.0.83.5 is the destination and .249 is the gateway, just asking the proper file layout.

Thanks again.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an interface to solaris?

I have a quad ethernet card in my sun box, and only 3 of them are visable when I "ifconfig -a". How do I activate the the 4th one? I think it is solaris 5.6. Thanks. Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmaniscalco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding Fonts to Solaris 2.8

Does anyone know the location where to place a series of new fonts, so its asseble by general applications (equiv. to C:\WINNT\Fonts) in WIN2000. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding interfaces in solaris 9

Hi, Have a solaris 9 e420, one onboard nic. Now I added a quad nic card. I have never had more than a single interface. Any help on setting this new card up? or links? PLease? ; thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an additional harddrive in solaris 9

Hello, I have a system which a new harddrive was installed for additional space. I now need to mount the drive and transfer data from /home to the new drive with a mount point named /home. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding a user twice to Solaris OS

is it possible to add a user twice to solaris server with the same id? i have been added twice in the past week and that is messing up one application that i am using which authenticate against the os. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: basel
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with routes in Solaris 10

Hello All, I have a Solaris 10 machine with 4 physical network interfaces configured viz. igb0, e1000g0, igb2 and e1000g2. Out of these interfaces, I am routing all my normal monitoring and O&M activities via. igb0 and e1000g0 interfaces. However, I am facing an issue on one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Adding User in Solaris Error.....

Hi all, when I type this command useradd -d /home/ram89 -m ram89 it gives an error unable to create home directory. Why so ? How to create user in Solaris? The perfect method? Please guide me. Thanks in advance Manali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

8. Solaris

New to Solaris (Checking/Adding network and harddisk)

Hi all, As per the topic goes, q1) how do i check remotely (over ssh) - how many physical network interfaces I really have ? -- if an interface exists before and it got plug out, it must not be show again. -- i tried dladm show-link and ifconfig -a, but it seems to show a previously... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
4 Replies
IPROUTE(3)						     Library Functions Manual							IPROUTE(3)

NAME
iproute - Internet route table manager SYNOPSIS
bind -a #P /net /net/iproute /net/ipifc DESCRIPTION
The iproute device allows the specification of routes for families of IP addresses. It maintains a kernel-resident routing table for IP addresses used by TCP, IL and UDP. Each route consists of a destination IP address, an IP mask, and an IP gateway address. Every packet sent by the system is routed according to the route table. An address matches the route table entry when a packet's destination address matches the table destination address under the mask. When a match is found, the packet is sent to the gateway IP address. If there is no match, the packet is sent with the original destination address. If there are several matches, the one whose mask has the fewest leading zeros is chosen. (Because of the definition of IP masks, this mask preserves the largest portion of the address and is therefore the most specific.) This is forced by storing the routes in decreasing number of ones order and returning the first match. The default gateway has no ones in the mask and is thus the last matched. Reading iproute reports the current routes entered in the table. Writing control messages to iproute edits the table. Route entries are made by writing a string of format add ipdest mask ipgateway Entries are deleted by writing a string of format delete ipdest mask The whole table can be cleared by writing the string For example, to install a gateway address to accept all IP packets from a machine: % echo 'add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 131.107.1.5' > /net/iproute % cat /net/iproute 0.0.0.0 & 0.0.0.0 -> 131.107.1.5 Reading ipifc reports the current IP interfaces being used, one line per interface, showing the device, the maximum transfer unit, the local address, the network mask, and the network address. SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/deviproute.c SEE ALSO
ip(3), ipconfig(8) IPROUTE(3)