Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users cannot run c compiled programs Post 302097718 by sumitpandya on Tuesday 28th of November 2006 07:09:40 AM
Old 11-28-2006
You making mistake....
You sure you trying PATH=$PATH:. ; export PATH and NOT PATH=$PATH;. ; export PATH . There is difference of ":" and ";"
If it still not work then...
If you can manage then better you reinstall your O.S. There is high possibality of system curruption either due to Device-failure or it might be some hackers play-ground for now!!!

One lession for you is Be carefull while working in *NIX or BSD world; It is not M$ Windows :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

2. Programming

Can C determine which OS it's being compiled on?

Hello all! I've searched the archives, google, documentation and I can't seem to find any answer regarding my question. Our code has to be lint free and due to the following lint warning ---> logical expression always true: op "||" <--- we are forced to #include <note.h > (which appears to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quattro20v
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to compile and run java programs

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on a VMware. How to compile a java program as there is no javac in 'bin' directory. Thanks in advance for answers and sorry if the question is soo basic. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access/run c programs on Putty?

Hi all, I wrote a couple noobie programs and had them compiled over Putty (using gcc), but I don't know what command I should use to run them. Please assume that I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming and putty commands. Thank you for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Recycalable
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpretation of $variables inside programs run from a script

Hi, I am running a shell script that executes a program. Inside this program, variables are also referenced using a dollar symbol, eg. $a, $thething, and the shell script is misinterpreting them as variables relevant to the shell script rather than relevant to the program run from inside the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple python programs sequentially.

I HAVE WRITTEN NINE PYTHON CODES TO PERFORM A TASK ........ I WISH TO RUN THEM SEQUENTIALLY. eg. code1__code2 >>>>>>>>code9.py TO GET DESIRED OUTPUT. PLS HELP ME WRITTING SHELL SCRIPT .. I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THESE CODE FOR BEING USED BY OTHERS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Run program compiled in Ubuntu in centos

Will a program compiled in ubuntu 14.04 execute in Centos 7? That is to say a tarball or zip is downloaded from github and extracted, compiled, and make is all done in ubuntu 14.04, can I mv the program from ubuntu 14.04 to Centos 7, add it to path in Centos 7. And run it? Thank you :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-PATH(1) 						   systemd-path 						   SYSTEMD-PATH(1)

NAME
systemd-path - List and query system and user paths SYNOPSIS
systemd-path [OPTIONS...] [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-path may be used to query system and user paths. The tool makes many of the paths described in file-hierarchy(7) available for querying. When invoked without arguments, a list of known paths and their current values is shown. When at least one argument is passed, the path with this name is queried and its value shown. The variables whose name begins with "search-" do not refer to individual paths, but instead to a list of colon-separated search paths, in their order of precedence. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --suffix= The printed paths are suffixed by the specified string. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), file-hierarchy(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-PATH(1)