Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users cannot run c compiled programs Post 302097718 by sumitpandya on Tuesday 28th of November 2006 07:09:40 AM
Old 11-28-2006
You making mistake....
You sure you trying PATH=$PATH:. ; export PATH and NOT PATH=$PATH;. ; export PATH . There is difference of ":" and ";"
If it still not work then...
If you can manage then better you reinstall your O.S. There is high possibality of system curruption either due to Device-failure or it might be some hackers play-ground for now!!!

One lession for you is Be carefull while working in *NIX or BSD world; It is not M$ Windows :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

2. Programming

Can C determine which OS it's being compiled on?

Hello all! I've searched the archives, google, documentation and I can't seem to find any answer regarding my question. Our code has to be lint free and due to the following lint warning ---> logical expression always true: op "||" <--- we are forced to #include <note.h > (which appears to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quattro20v
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to compile and run java programs

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on a VMware. How to compile a java program as there is no javac in 'bin' directory. Thanks in advance for answers and sorry if the question is soo basic. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access/run c programs on Putty?

Hi all, I wrote a couple noobie programs and had them compiled over Putty (using gcc), but I don't know what command I should use to run them. Please assume that I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming and putty commands. Thank you for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Recycalable
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpretation of $variables inside programs run from a script

Hi, I am running a shell script that executes a program. Inside this program, variables are also referenced using a dollar symbol, eg. $a, $thething, and the shell script is misinterpreting them as variables relevant to the shell script rather than relevant to the program run from inside the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple python programs sequentially.

I HAVE WRITTEN NINE PYTHON CODES TO PERFORM A TASK ........ I WISH TO RUN THEM SEQUENTIALLY. eg. code1__code2 >>>>>>>>code9.py TO GET DESIRED OUTPUT. PLS HELP ME WRITTING SHELL SCRIPT .. I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THESE CODE FOR BEING USED BY OTHERS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Run program compiled in Ubuntu in centos

Will a program compiled in ubuntu 14.04 execute in Centos 7? That is to say a tarball or zip is downloaded from github and extracted, compiled, and make is all done in ubuntu 14.04, can I mv the program from ubuntu 14.04 to Centos 7, add it to path in Centos 7. And run it? Thank you :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
XNBD-WRAPPER(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   XNBD-WRAPPER(8)

NAME
xnbd-wrapper -- manage multiple files to be exported as a block device to other computers running the GNU/Linux(tm) Operating System SYNOPSIS
xnbd-wrapper [ --imgfile IMAGE [--imgfile IMAGE ...] ] [--laddr ADDRESS] [--port PORT] [--socket PATH] [--xnbd-binary PATH] [--daemonize] [--logpath PATH] DESCRIPTION
xnbd-wrapper is a super-server for xnbd-server. Its purpose is to manage multiple exported images at once. A client may connect to this super-server and it will be indirected to the actual xnbd-server providing the requested resource. xnbd-wrapper comes handy if you want to export multiple files (or block devices) on a single host. Instead of starting multiple xnbd-server instances and remember the exported port for each, you can use xnbd-wrapper to looks up the requested image file name and map it automati- cally to the corresponding xnbd-server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --daemonize Go into background as soon as the xnbd-server is started up --imgfile IMAGE Export the image file IMAGE through xnbd-wrapper, with IMAGE being a block device or a file name of an image file. xnbd-wrapper will export the file name accessible through this name to clients, which may connect to the server by providing this name This option can be specified multiple times. In this case, xnbd-wrapper will export all IMAGE files at once. Alternatively this argument can be omitted and images may be (un-)exported ar runtime with xnbd-wrapper-ctl. --laddr ADDRESS The address, where this wrapper shall listen for incoming connections. You can specify any resolvable hostname or IP address, being in IPv4 or IPv6 notation. --logpath FILE Log informational messages to the given FILE if given. Defaults to /var/log/xnbd-wrapper.log --lport PORT Accept incoming connections on the given PORT. A valid port is any number between 1 and 65536. You may not use the same listeing port more than once per system. If this argument is not given, xNBD will listen on port 8520 by default. --socket PATH The xNBD wrapper can be controlled through a control socket. When given, use PATH as file name, default is /tmp/xnbd_wrap- per.ctl). --xnbd-binary PATH Specifies the path to the xnbd-server program. The wrapper will spawn server instances on demand. Give PATH as file name, default is xnbd-server (relative to the directory, where the wrapper is in). SEE ALSO
xnbd-client (1), xnbd-server (8), xnbd-wrapper-ctl (8). AUTHOR
The NBD kernel module and the NBD tools have been written by Pavel Macheck (pavel@ucw.cz) and is now maintained by Paul Clements. (Paul.Clements@steeleye.com). The xNBD userland (client and server) have been written by Takahiro Hirofuchi (t.hirofuchi@aist.go.jp) This manual page was written by Arno Toell (debian@toell.net) for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. XNBD-WRAPPER(8)