Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to increase fs
Operating Systems Solaris how to increase fs Post 302097666 by xuc_xich_duc on Monday 27th of November 2006 09:08:58 PM
Old 11-27-2006
thank you. here are output of the format command:

# format
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c1t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> os
/pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0
1. c1t1d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> database
/pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@1,0
Specify disk (enter its number): 0
selecting c1t0d0: os
[disk formatted]
Warning: Current Disk has mounted partitions.

FORMAT MENU:
disk - select a disk
type - select (define) a disk type
partition - select (define) a partition table
current - describe the current disk
format - format and analyze the disk
repair - repair a defective sector
label - write label to the disk
analyze - surface analysis
defect - defect list management
backup - search for backup labels
verify - read and display labels
save - save new disk/partition definitions
inquiry - show vendor, product and revision
volname - set 8-character volume name
!<cmd> - execute <cmd>, then return
quit
format> p

PARTITION MENU:
0 - change `0' partition
1 - change `1' partition
2 - change `2' partition
3 - change `3' partition
4 - change `4' partition
5 - change `5' partition
6 - change `6' partition
7 - change `7' partition
select - select a predefined table
modify - modify a predefined partition table
name - name the current table
print - display the current table
label - write partition map and label to the disk
!<cmd> - execute <cmd>, then return
quit
partition> p
Volume: os
Current partition table (original):
Total disk cylinders available: 24620 + 2 (reserved cylinders)

Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks
0 root wm 17531 - 24619 9.77GB (7089/0/0) 20480121
1 swap wu 0 - 1088 1.50GB (1089/0/0) 3146121
2 backup wm 0 - 24619 33.92GB (24620/0/0) 71127180
3 unassigned wm 1160 - 1301 200.31MB (142/0/0) 410238
4 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
5 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
6 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
7 unassigned wm 1089 - 1159 100.16MB (71/0/0) 205119

partition>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File increase

Sorry im really new here this is my second post today! My question is, im trying to write a script and i want to output to a text file but i want each text file to be different so for instance log.txt, log1.txt, log2.txt ect how would i do that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

increase fs /var

Question I am not a hp admin but aix admin. I am wondering if to increase the fs /var we really have to umount the fs so means stop the system ... just to do an extendlv ? It is what I saw on man page of extendlv and that surprise me. On aix we can dynamically increase a fs and with version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

4. AIX

I can not increase the maxdata to 2 G.B

Please can anyone help me in my problem my problem is i have AIX 5.3 and We need 1 GB of data segment size available and we found To set the data segment size to 1 GB, set the LDR_CNTRL variable to LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x40000000@DSA. But after we set it and check with command “$ dump -X64 -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghazaly
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to increase capacity?

Hello everybody, is a very simple question how can I increase the capacity of a disk wich is on a DS4300?, I have done the procedure on the Storage Manager but the space is the same on the AIX (5.3) , what should I do to obtain the new ammount of disk space? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase Performance

I have written a code using AWK & sed to compare two files. The structure of the files is like this" Format is this: <bit code> <file code> <string> Follwoed by any numbers of properties lines whic start with a "space" 10101010101111101 XX abcd a AS sasa BS kkk 1110000101010110 XX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to increase number like this

hi all i got a assignment but this is part of it only.. i need the logic that all.. below is the kind of output that i want to get. 1 12 123 1234 12345 2345 345 45 5 i noe i need to use for loop cos currently i am doing a short cut way which is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

8. AIX

How can I increase a PV?

Hi, I have a 10GB iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 system. I increased the LUN to 15GB, but the system is still showing 10GB as the Total Size. How can I get the OS to see the extra space? Do I have to reboot the system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase maxuproc value

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL6 and now my processes reach maximum limit. How do I increase the maxuproc value? Can I increase the value without rebooting the server? Thanks in advance... Please Help!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase the / partition

Hi all im new to solaris and i got the task to increase the size of the / partition. its solaris 9 update6 running in a vmware esxi. i already added space on the VM, when im trying the "growfs" command im gettings error. see attached picture: http://i.imgur.com/9ywWLNN.png thanks for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)