Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO and VMware
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO and VMware Post 302097585 by Jeroenix on Monday 27th of November 2006 08:00:48 AM
Old 11-27-2006
I've seen all those documents, yes. 5.0.7 trial versions aren't available (any more?) or I can't find them.

I noticed something else: on the original machine, the divvy command shows the root as HTFS and boot as EAFS. In the virtual machine, those are marked "NON FS". Could it be that a generic boot disk has no knowledge of those filesystems?

I'm beginning to think it might be better to make the kernel buslogic-aware first, and THEN image the thing into vmware.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

all tcp are CLOSED on SCO Unix on VMWARE

Hi folks, First of all, sorry about my english, isn't the best and thks for advance. Here es my problem... I have virtualize an SCO unix with VMware ESX 3 and everything was going on beatifull until that i try to connect from anorther host, i can't do it so i check the connection with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martocapo
5 Replies

2. SCO

VMware and SCO Unixware 7.1.4 Network issue

I am haveing a problem with my VMware ESXi 4.1 server and a virtual SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 server that I need for a legacy application for my company. The problem seems simple but I can't find a solution. The UnixWare (UW) server is a clean install and patched as SCO recommends. I am able to telnet to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DudeCrush
1 Replies

3. SCO

Failure while installing SCO UNIXWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox

Sir I am trying to install UnixWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox and I am getting the following error FATAL BOOT ERROR: decompression failed For installing SCO Unixware7.1.4 I have created virtual harddisk of size 18GB, 1024 RAM, 64bit video memory, chosen unixware7.1.4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshforu3
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 6.0 & VMware problems

I've moved a physical server over to VMWare ESXi 5.1 using SCO 6.0 with MP4. For whatever reason, people are occasionally getting kicked out or are closing out their telnet session and it is leaving their processes running. When this happens, the sar %idle drops from 98-95% down to 25-20%. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlitos71
1 Replies

5. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies

6. SCO

Configuare Network SCO UNIX 5.0.7 on Vmware

hi i installed sco unix open server 5.0.7 on virtual machine vmware and runing it, its work perfect and good. now how i can configuare network at scoadmin that i able to access nework ? ---------- Post updated at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:47 AM ---------- nobody can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farzad226
2 Replies
VMMEMCTL(9)							   Open VM Tools						       VMMEMCTL(9)

NAME
vmmemctl - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmmemctl DESCRIPTION
This is a kernel module. It isn't backed by a virtual hardware device, so it must be loaded manually. It has no dependencies, nor do any Tools components depend on it, so it can be loaded at any time during the boot process. Once loaded, no further action is needed. OPTIONS
vmmemctl has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmmemctl and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMMEMCTL(9)