Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [urgent help] error log on /var/adm/messages Post 302097558 by sparcguy on Monday 27th of November 2006 03:16:35 AM
Old 11-27-2006
on the surface, it looks like transport errors on your fibre disks

run an iostat -En command to see if there are any transport errors.

But from your logs it shows.

Nov 22 20:03:45 USSDGtbs-1 md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d61: write error on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7
Nov 22 20:03:46 USSDGtbs-1 md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d62: write error on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7

are u using slice 7 as your metadb? run a metadb -i make sure your metadb are still there.

Then run a metastat -p to find out if anything has happened to your mirrors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in /var/adm/messages

I have an error in my /var/adm/messages that states: (*hostname*) inetd : fs/tcp: bind: Address already in use. It repeats it self over and over. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the net but cant find anything. HELP Please:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

/var/adm/messages error

I am frequently getting following errors in /var/adm/messages. I am using solaris 8 Nov 7 16:03:03 Server Name SRS Proxy: unhandled exception: compareTimestamps format() Nov 7 16:06:57 servername sendmail: lA2MadB5007315: to=postmaster, delay=4+22:30:07, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsri01
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Error messages in /var/adm

Hi, I get this messages in my /var/adm/messages can you please tell me the reason for recieving this kind of messages and how to debug? Admin 2418029 Error: Host port combo with host . Unable to resolve name Tools 2206121 Error: ERROR.. gethostbyname() failed for errno Admin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Error in /var/adm/messages

Hi All, I m new to Solaris environment, Right now I m using Solaris 10. I get continuously following waring message in `messages` file so var partition going to full. plz help me to stop these messages. Feb 8 15:58:47 TSAS px: WARNING: px1: spurious interrupt from ino... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas898
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/adm/messages vs /var/log/messages

The /var/adm/messages in Solaris seem to log more system messages/errors compared to /var/log/messages in Linux. I checked the log level in Linux and they seem OK. Is there any other log file that contains the messages or is it just that Linux doesn't log great many things? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Getting continually error message in /var/adm/messages.

Hi Friends, Please help me to resove this issue ASAP. Nov 17 16:25:52 server1 sendmail: pAH8Pnh22099: SYSERR: putoutmsg (NO-HOST): error on output channel sending "553 5.1.3 @123.com.... User address required": File too large Nov 17 16:25:53 server1 sendmail: pAH8Pnh22099:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holds_me
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Error filling /var/adm/messages

I have Solaris-11 non-global zone running under Solaris-11 global zone. Every few minutes, this message is getting in /var/adm/message of non-global zone Aug 31 08:31:53 zonnjc002dbp01 statd: statd: cannot talk to statd at NAS1, RPC: Timed out(5) NAS1 is already mounted as NFS and working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Login error in /var/adm/messages

I had an issue with ssh on one of my servers and noticed the following errors, listed below. Errors in /var/adm/messagessshd lastlog_perform_login: Couln't stat /var/adm/lastlog: permission denied sshd lastlog_openseek: /var/adm/lastlog is not a file or directory! automountd self_check:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies
rsvpd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  rsvpd(8)

NAME
rsvpd - Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rsvpd [-h] [-d level] [-p] [-l logfile] [-i [version]] OPTIONS
Prints the rsvpd help and exits. Enables debug mode. The debug level is either all (the default) or a bitmask that specifies a combina- tion of the following values: 0x01 (SYSTEM) 0x02 (TMR) 0x04 (API) 0x08 (MSGS) 0x10 (TCNTL) 0x20 (SESS) 0x40 (ROUTE) Forces rsvpd to stay attached to the terminal and print error and debug information to stderr instead of the log file. Specifies an alternative log file. By default, the log file is /var/rsvp/rsvpd_dbg.log. Specifies a list of Internet Protocol (IP) version numbers. Possible values are 4, 6, or 46. DESCRIPTION
The rsvpd daemon is the RSVP daemon that starts automatically at boot time. Upon startup, rsvpd performs the following actions: Writes its PID to the /var/run/rsvpd.pid file. Detects all existing interfaces on the system. Detaches from the terminal unless the -p option is specified. Creates the /var/rsvp directory, if it does not exist. The rsvpd daemon logs startup, stop, and error messages through the syslog function to the /usr/var/adm/syslog.dated/date/daemon.log log file. If you specify the -d option, rsvpd logs error messages and debugging output to the /var/rsvp/rsvpd_dbg.log log file or to a log file specified with the -l logfile option. If you want rsvpd to start automatically at system boot time, place an entry for it in the /etc/inet.local file. For example: echo "Starting local Internet services." # do not let RSVP reserve more than 20 Mbit/s on the FDDI interface /usr/sbin/iftcntl fta0 config max_total_r 20000000 # start the RSVP daemon /usr/sbin/rsvpd If you make any changes to the network interface configuration, restart the rsvpd daemon. If you want to use mrouted and rsvpd on a system, start mrouted before rsvpd. If mrouted is running on your system, rsvpd acts as an RSVP multicast router. If IPv4/IPv6 forwarding is enabled on the system, rsvpd acts as an RSVP IPv4/IPv6 unicast router. Restricting RSVP Usage To restrict RSVP usage to a limited number of users on the system, set the permissions for the /var/rsvp directory as follows: # chmod 750 /var/rsvp # chgrp staff /var/rsvp Those users who cannot access the /var/rsvp directory will be unable to request RSVP reservations, use any RSVP API (RAPI) function, or use the rsvpstat command. RESTRICTIONS
You must be superuser to invoke the rsvpd daemon. FILES
The rsvpd log file when debugging is enabled. This directory contains the RSVP API library UNIX domain socket. The file that contains the process ID of the rsvpd daemon that is currently running. SEE ALSO
Commands: iftcntl(8), rsvpstat(8) Networking: RSVP(7) rsvpd(8)