Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [urgent help] error log on /var/adm/messages Post 302097558 by sparcguy on Monday 27th of November 2006 03:16:35 AM
Old 11-27-2006
on the surface, it looks like transport errors on your fibre disks

run an iostat -En command to see if there are any transport errors.

But from your logs it shows.

Nov 22 20:03:45 USSDGtbs-1 md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d61: write error on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7
Nov 22 20:03:46 USSDGtbs-1 md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d62: write error on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7

are u using slice 7 as your metadb? run a metadb -i make sure your metadb are still there.

Then run a metastat -p to find out if anything has happened to your mirrors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in /var/adm/messages

I have an error in my /var/adm/messages that states: (*hostname*) inetd : fs/tcp: bind: Address already in use. It repeats it self over and over. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the net but cant find anything. HELP Please:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

/var/adm/messages error

I am frequently getting following errors in /var/adm/messages. I am using solaris 8 Nov 7 16:03:03 Server Name SRS Proxy: unhandled exception: compareTimestamps format() Nov 7 16:06:57 servername sendmail: lA2MadB5007315: to=postmaster, delay=4+22:30:07, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsri01
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Error messages in /var/adm

Hi, I get this messages in my /var/adm/messages can you please tell me the reason for recieving this kind of messages and how to debug? Admin 2418029 Error: Host port combo with host . Unable to resolve name Tools 2206121 Error: ERROR.. gethostbyname() failed for errno Admin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Error in /var/adm/messages

Hi All, I m new to Solaris environment, Right now I m using Solaris 10. I get continuously following waring message in `messages` file so var partition going to full. plz help me to stop these messages. Feb 8 15:58:47 TSAS px: WARNING: px1: spurious interrupt from ino... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas898
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/adm/messages vs /var/log/messages

The /var/adm/messages in Solaris seem to log more system messages/errors compared to /var/log/messages in Linux. I checked the log level in Linux and they seem OK. Is there any other log file that contains the messages or is it just that Linux doesn't log great many things? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Getting continually error message in /var/adm/messages.

Hi Friends, Please help me to resove this issue ASAP. Nov 17 16:25:52 server1 sendmail: pAH8Pnh22099: SYSERR: putoutmsg (NO-HOST): error on output channel sending "553 5.1.3 @123.com.... User address required": File too large Nov 17 16:25:53 server1 sendmail: pAH8Pnh22099:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holds_me
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Error filling /var/adm/messages

I have Solaris-11 non-global zone running under Solaris-11 global zone. Every few minutes, this message is getting in /var/adm/message of non-global zone Aug 31 08:31:53 zonnjc002dbp01 statd: statd: cannot talk to statd at NAS1, RPC: Timed out(5) NAS1 is already mounted as NFS and working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Login error in /var/adm/messages

I had an issue with ssh on one of my servers and noticed the following errors, listed below. Errors in /var/adm/messagessshd lastlog_perform_login: Couln't stat /var/adm/lastlog: permission denied sshd lastlog_openseek: /var/adm/lastlog is not a file or directory! automountd self_check:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies
strclean(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       strclean(8)

NAME
strclean - Removes outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/strclean [-d logdir] [-a age] FLAGS
Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory /var/adm/streams. DESCRIPTION
The strclean command cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files (error.mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver (strlog). If no other directory is specified (the logdir argument), the command removes error log files in the /var/adm/streams directory. If no other age is specified (the age argument), the command removes error log files that have not been modified in 3 days. The strclean command is executed by the cron daemon on a periodic basis. EXAMPLES
To remove the day-old error log files from a directory called /tmp/streams, enter: strclean -d /tmp/streams -a 1 FILES
One or more error log file or files on which strclean operates. The mm.dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: strerr(8), cron(8). Interfaces: strlog(7). delim off strclean(8)