Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disks broke?
Operating Systems AIX disks broke? Post 302097341 by kvanelshocht on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 10:54:05 AM
Old 11-23-2006
my bad... it's because i was too fast... this is the right output

# mkvg -y testvg hdisk2
0516-1182 mkvg Open Failure on hdisk2.
0516-862 mkvg: Unable to create volume group.

i think there are enough error messages in my previous post to rely on...

cheerz

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I think I broke it....

I was trying to install gcc on my solaris 2.6 box... and I kept encountering an error that was probably due to the lack of allocated space to the /var/spool/pkg... For some reason... I'm still trying to figure this out... I make symbolic links to every instace of /spool I could find... I then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed the hostname/IP and broke it (AIX)

A buddy of mine bought an older RS/6000 CAD workstation runing AIX to learn on, and had me put it on his LAN at home. I used smit to change the hostname/IP. After a reboot I try to login, and get a message saying that DTMessage cannot start, and gives a changed hostname as one of the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i broke CDE

i honestly dont know what i did... considering i did many things... but now when i run a tightvnc session, i don't get the CDE desktop anymore, i get something that looks like an empty screen with a single terminal window... to make things worse, i can't do anything with that terminal window. it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

4. Solaris

GNU libjpeg broke cde-login over XDMCP

Hi all, I was building x11vnc on Solaris 10 SPARC and needed libjpeg, so I built and installed that in the right path /usr/sfw/lib. Now I can't get the dtgreet screen on my local network using XDMCP. I strongly suspect the library installation broke something (conflict with libjpeg in /lib or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deSitter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

6. AIX

X Forwarding broke

X Forwarding has quit working on only 2 of our AIX Servers. ssh -X -vvv host That shows it requesting the X11 forward auth spoofing. No errors. echo $DISPLAY shows the display variable However when I execute xclock.... nothing... Kinda like it just hangs and for some reasons it does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ssh connection broke after patching

Hi, I have a user - e3t3user on two Solaris-10 servers. We did patching source server and after that e3t3user is not able to ssh from one server to another. Passwordless ssh connection is setup between both servers (with ssh keys share). I am not able to figure out, where it is failing. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP broke after patching

Greetings...My first post here... I am facing issue on a x86 Solaris server, running on VMWare. We have to install latest patch cluster. I took a snapshot (on VMWare side), so we have backup copy. Downloaded and installed latest patch cluster. Post patching, I am not able to login on server with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
3 Replies
lvrmboot(1M)															      lvrmboot(1M)

NAME
lvrmboot - remove LVM logical volume link to root, primary swap, or dump volume SYNOPSIS
autobackup] dump_lv] vg_name Remarks cannot be performed if the volume group is activated in shared mode. DESCRIPTION
This command is supported for arguments belonging to volume groups version 1.0. Attempting this command with arguments belong to volume groups version 2.0 or higher will result in an error. The command updates all physical volumes contained in the volume group vg_name such that the logical volume is removed as a root, primary swap, or dump volume when the system is next booted on the volume group. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: vg_name The path name of the volume group. Set automatic backup for this invocation of this command. autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the logical volume. This is the default. After this command executes, the command (see vgcfgbackup(1M)) is executed for the volume group to which the logical volume belongs. Do not back up configuration changes this time. Remove the definition of dump_lv as one of the dump volumes. Update the Boot Data Reserved Area. This option will be obsolete in the next HP-UX release. Remove the definitions of all of the root, primary swap, and all dump volumes from the given volume group. Update the Boot Data Reserved Area. Remove the definition of the primary swap volume from the given volume group. Update the Boot Data Reserved Area. This option will be obsolete in the next HP-UX release. Print verbose messages. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Specify that the logical volume should be removed as one of the dump logical volumes: Specify that volume group should no longer be a root volume group. Primary swap and dump are also removed. SEE ALSO
lvlnboot(1M), lvmadm(1M). lvrmboot(1M)