Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Problem with name resolution? Post 302097288 by grimbleshanks on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 04:03:36 AM
Old 11-23-2006
Bug

/etc/netsvc.conf was actually MISSING from the problem server. I've stolen it from another box, and now not only is the ping instant, but so is connection to Oracle!

A thousand thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resolution..??

When i start my pc after the installation of suse linux it ask me for resolution but not for graphical interface, for console, can i run a command to change it again? Thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux_fan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor Resolution

My machine (Sun Blade 100) has just had it's OS reinstalled (solaris 8). For some reason the monitor resolution has changed (decreaded so that I have less monitor real esate). Does anybody know the command to change monitor resolution in Solaris? Cheers AreaMan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AreaMan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

DNS name resolution

Hi, I got solaris 10 installed on a E250 and i am expericing issues resolving dns. from some research i think it's becuase where i haven't set-up NIS and i don't intend too as i am just setting up a box to poke communigate pro. Any help or advice please? Thanks in advance Alan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: e250user
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$ variable resolution problem

We have the following code filename=`head -1 $filelist` if then touch $filename fi filelist contains the below items. ${HOME}/file1 ${TEST_DIR}/file2 . . The output of the script described above is ${HOME} not found (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

6. Debian

Change resolution problem

Hi gurus I have notebook with connected external monitor. output of my xrandr looks like Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2960 x 1050, maximum 2960 x 1050 VGA connected 1680x1050+1280+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 478mm x 300mm 1680x1050 60.0*+ 1280x1024 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
2 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

data resolution

hi all after going through ext3 file system , i understood that data resolution for ext3 FS is 1 second...can i increase it 2 second...? any idea..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_md
3 Replies

9. Debian

Xorg resolution/display size problem

Hello, I am running Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5 and the openbox window manager. The window is way larger than the screen and minimized icons go off the screen and I can't get them back. The mode is set to 1280x1024 in the Screen section of xorg.conf and Virtual is also set to 1280x1024 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Screen Resolution Persistence Problem: RHEL 6.3

Good morning everyone, I have been having screen resolution issues with RHEL 6.3. Our current setup is a laptop connected to a KVM/IP server. This is the desired scenario: RHEL laptop Windows XP laptop KVM/IP server The RHEL laptop has the file /etc/gdm/Init/Default populated with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaud10
3 Replies
IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)

NAME
ipsec_sameaddr, ipsec_addrcmp, ipsec_samesubnet, ipsec_addrinsubnet, ipsec_subnetinsubnet, ipsec_subnetishost, ipsec_samesaid, ipsec_sameaddrtype, ipsec_samesubnettype - do comparisons for addresses, subnets, SA IDs and address families SYNOPSIS
#include <freeswan.h> int sameaddr(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int addrcmp(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int addrinsubnet(const ip_address *a, const ip_subnet *s); int subnetinsubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int subnetishost(const ip_subnet *s); int samesaid(const ip_said *a, const ip_said *b); int sameaddrtype(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnettype(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); DESCRIPTION
These functions do various comparisons and tests on the ip_address type and ip_subnet types. Sameaddr returns non-zero if addresses a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Addresses of different families are never identical. Addrcmp returns -1, 0, or 1 respectively if address a is less than, equal to, or greater than b. If they are not of the same address fam- ily, they are never equal; the ordering reported in this case is arbitrary (and probably not useful) but consistent. Samesubnet returns non-zero if subnets a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Subnets of different address families are never identical. Addrinsubnet returns non-zero if address a is within subnet s and 0 otherwise. An address is never within a subnet of a different address family. Subnetinsubnet returns non-zero if subnet a is a subset of subnet b and 0 otherwise. A subnet is deemed to be a subset of itself. A sub- net is never a subset of another subnet if their address families differ. Subnetishost returns non-zero if subnet s is in fact only a single host, and 0 otherwise. Samesaid returns non-zero if SA IDs a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Sameaddrtype returns non-zero if addresses a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. Samesubnettype returns non-zero if subnets a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_initaddr(3) HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. 28 Nov 2000 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)