Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Private network
Special Forums IP Networking Private network Post 302097254 by *Jess* on Wednesday 22nd of November 2006 08:52:15 PM
Old 11-22-2006
Thanks guys.

The port here I'm refering to is places where we plug in the network cable. For example: 1 NIC card consist of 4 ports, which means I can plug 4 different network cable into it.

Does this means that under these 4 ports I can configure different IP and direct to different switch?

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Able to ping server's private network

Hi guys, I'm in the progress of setting up a private network in our Sun solaris platform. Existing ip: 172.16.102.101 New private ip: 192.168.2.3 Netmask is the same for both private & public 255.255.255.0 After setting up the ip, I'm able to ping this private ip address from our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Private Network

Hello, I have a desktop which has two network cards installed on it and I connected these two card through a hub. On the desktop in have installed a Windows Vista Home Edition SO and a Windowx XP SO in a virtual way. I also had intalled a Virtual BOX software and Windows XP run through it. By... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zendcool
1 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)