Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unable to boot from disk1
Operating Systems Solaris unable to boot from disk1 Post 302097244 by vr76413 on Wednesday 22nd of November 2006 12:56:31 PM
Old 11-22-2006
Thanks..........I did make changes in vfstab.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to boot with XP after installing SUSE

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post. I had following setup before installing SUSE Linux: Windows 98 installed on Primary partition Windows XP installed on Extended Partition When I installed SUSE, it shared space from primary partition and shrunk the size of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

unable to boot into MAC OS X86

Hi friends I am newbiee to MACOS ,the thing is that i installed MAC OS X86 10.5.6 into my VAIO-VGN-CR343N series without any problem and after rebooting I was unable to boot into macos and tried options like -v -f but no progress..can somebody help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies

3. Hardware

Sun 280R unable to boot

I have a problem with one of my Sun 280R servers. I'm unable to boot it. I've managed to get to the {ok} prompt from the RSC card. Please see output below ok show-devs /virtual-memory /memory /aliases /options /openprom /chosen /packages /openprom/client-services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to boot Fedora 10

Hello, I have a test PC running Fedora 10. Friday evening it was working fine, I have some perl scripts which are scheduled to run every morning. But when I started work this morning, I found I cannot ping the machine. When I switched on the monitor, I saw the GRUB promt :(. I am not sure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaramaRaju
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 init 0 and boot disk1 on same command line

Hello all, Fairly simple question here. I know that in Solaris 10 there is a way to tell a system running solaris 10 to init 0 and then boot disk1 all in the same command line from a SSH window. That way once you hit enter it then performs the init 0 and then does the boot disk1. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tording99z28
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

grub problem - unable to boot

I am not able to boot into my ubuntu. Grub gives me this message How do I boot linux? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
6 Replies

7. Solaris

V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs: 0>Test CPU(s)....Done 0>Interrupt Crosscall....| SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail able Done 0>Init Memory....| SC Alert: Host System has Reset 'Done 0>PLL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenosongo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to boot up after P2V

Hi, I just P2V an old machine running Redhat 5.5 on a physical server. After P2V was completed, when boot up it got an error. Please refer to the attachment for the error. Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies
raidctl(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       raidctl(1M)

NAME
raidctl - RAID hardware utility SYNOPSIS
raidctl -c disk1 disk2 raidctl -d disk1 raidctl [-f] -F filename controller... raidctl -l [controller...] DESCRIPTION
The raidctl utility creates, deletes, or displays RAID volumes of the LSI1030 HW Raid controllers that include RAID support. The utility also updates firmware/fcode/BIOS for both RAID and non-RAID controllers. The raidctl utility requires privileges that are controlled by the underlying file-system permissions. Only privileged users can manipulate the RAID system configuration. If a non-privileged user attempts to create or delete a RAID volume, the command fails with EPERM. Without options, raidctl displays the current RAID configuration on all exisiting controllers. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c disk1 disk2 (for on board) Create a mirror using disk1 and disk2. Replace the contents of disk2 with the contents of disk1. Specify disk1 and disk2 in canonical form, for example, c0t0d0. When you create a a RAID volume, the RAID volume assumes the identity of the first target in the disk pair (disk1). The second target (disk2) disappears from the system. Therefore, the RAID volume appears as one disk. To have a successful RAID creation, there must not already be a RAID configuration present on the specified controller. Additionally, the secondary disk must not be mounted, as it has all its data erased and replaced with the primary disk's data. -d disk1 (for on board) Delete the RAID volume specified as disk1. Specify disk1 in canonical form, for example, c0t0d0. -f (for HBA) Force an update. Do not prompt. -F filename controller (for HBA) Update the firmware running on the specified controller (controller). -l [controller ...] (for on board) List the system's RAID configuration. If controller is specified, list RAID configurations for controller. Output from the -l lists the following information: RAID Volume Displays logical RAID volume name. RAID Status Displays RAID status as either RESYNCING (disks are syncing), DEGRADED RAID is operating with reduced functionality), OK (operating optimally), or FAILED (non-functional). RAID Disk Displays RAID disk name. Disk Status Displays disk status as either OK or FAILED. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating the RAID Configuration The following command creates the RAID configuration: # raidctl -c c0t0d0 c0t1d0 RAID Volume 'c0t0d0' created Example 2: Displaying the RAID Configuration The following command displays the RAID configuration: # raidctl RAID RAID RAID Disk Volume Status Disk Status ---------------------------------------- c0t0d0 RESYNCING c0t0d0 OK c0t1d0 OK Example 3: Deleting the RAID Configuration The following command deletes the RAID configuration: # raidctl -d c0t0d0 RAID Volume 'c0t0d0' deleted Example 4: Updating Flash Images on the Controller The following command updates flash images on the controller: # raidctl -F lsi1030.fw 0 Update flash image on controller 0? (y/N): y Flash updated successfully EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Invalid command line input. 2 Request operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 raidctl(1M)