Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unable to boot from disk1
Operating Systems Solaris unable to boot from disk1 Post 302097230 by Perderabo on Wednesday 22nd of November 2006 11:08:09 AM
Old 11-22-2006
This is a shot in the dark, but I think you need to change /etc/vfstab to use the new disk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to boot with XP after installing SUSE

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post. I had following setup before installing SUSE Linux: Windows 98 installed on Primary partition Windows XP installed on Extended Partition When I installed SUSE, it shared space from primary partition and shrunk the size of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

unable to boot into MAC OS X86

Hi friends I am newbiee to MACOS ,the thing is that i installed MAC OS X86 10.5.6 into my VAIO-VGN-CR343N series without any problem and after rebooting I was unable to boot into macos and tried options like -v -f but no progress..can somebody help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies

3. Hardware

Sun 280R unable to boot

I have a problem with one of my Sun 280R servers. I'm unable to boot it. I've managed to get to the {ok} prompt from the RSC card. Please see output below ok show-devs /virtual-memory /memory /aliases /options /openprom /chosen /packages /openprom/client-services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to boot Fedora 10

Hello, I have a test PC running Fedora 10. Friday evening it was working fine, I have some perl scripts which are scheduled to run every morning. But when I started work this morning, I found I cannot ping the machine. When I switched on the monitor, I saw the GRUB promt :(. I am not sure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaramaRaju
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 init 0 and boot disk1 on same command line

Hello all, Fairly simple question here. I know that in Solaris 10 there is a way to tell a system running solaris 10 to init 0 and then boot disk1 all in the same command line from a SSH window. That way once you hit enter it then performs the init 0 and then does the boot disk1. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tording99z28
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

grub problem - unable to boot

I am not able to boot into my ubuntu. Grub gives me this message How do I boot linux? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
6 Replies

7. Solaris

V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs: 0>Test CPU(s)....Done 0>Interrupt Crosscall....| SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail able Done 0>Init Memory....| SC Alert: Host System has Reset 'Done 0>PLL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenosongo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to boot up after P2V

Hi, I just P2V an old machine running Redhat 5.5 on a physical server. After P2V was completed, when boot up it got an error. Please refer to the attachment for the error. Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies
getvfsent(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					     getvfsent(3C)

NAME
getvfsent, getvfsfile, getvfsspec, getvfsany - get vfstab file entry SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/vfstab.h> int getvfsent(FILE *fp, struct vfstab *vp); int getvfsfile(FILE *fp, struct vfstab *vp, char *file); int getvfsspec(FILE *, struct vfstab *vp, char *spec); int getvfsany(FILE *, struct vfstab *vp, struct vfstab *vref); DESCRIPTION
The getvfsent(), getvfsfile(), getvfsspec(), and getvfsany() functions each fill in the structure pointed to by vp with the broken-out fields of a line in the /etc/vfstab file. Each line in the file contains a vfstab structure, declared in the <sys/vfstab.h> header, whose following members are described on the vfstab(4) manual page: char *vfs_special; char *vfs_fsckdev; char *vfs_mountp; char *vfs_fstype; char *vfs_fsckpass; char *vfs_automnt; char *vfs_mntopts; The getvfsent() function returns a pointer to the next vfstab structure in the file; so successive calls can be used to search the entire file. The getvfsfile() function searches the file referenced by fp until a mount point matching file is found and fills vp with the fields from the line in the file. The getvfsspec() function searches the file referenced by fp until a special device matching spec is found and fills vp with the fields from the line in the file. The spec argument will try to match on device type (block or character special) and major and minor device num- bers. If it cannot match in this manner, then it compares the strings. The getvfsany() function searches the file referenced by fp until a match is found between a line in the file and vref. A match occurrs if all non-null entries in vref match the corresponding fields in the file. Note that these functions do not open, close, or rewind the file. RETURN VALUES
If the next entry is successfully read by getvfsent() or a match is found with getvfsfile(), getvfsspec(), or getvfsany(), 0 is returned. If an end-of-file is encountered on reading, these functions return -1. If an error is encountered, a value greater than 0 is returned. The possible error values are: VFS_TOOLONG A line in the file exceeded the internal buffer size of VFS_LINE_MAX. VFS_TOOMANY A line in the file contains too many fields. VFS_TOOFEW A line in the file contains too few fields. FILES
/etc/vfstab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vfstab(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The members of the vfstab structure point to information contained in a static area, so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 1997 getvfsent(3C)