Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execute remote script asynchronous Post 302096713 by leemjesse on Friday 17th of November 2006 10:39:46 AM
Old 11-17-2006
execute remote script asynchronous

Does anyone know how to execute remote script asynchronously?

Here is my command

TargetList=$testmaker/config/prod_domain.list
for targethost in `cat $TargetList`; do
rsh $targethost -l bvuser "$HOME/var/script-root/afp/bin/run_nrtp_cache_flush.sh $appName"

done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execute awk script

Hi gurus I need to execute awk command on remote machine and write output to stdout. So far Ive tried: ssh server "ifconfig | grep -A 1 "^eth" | awk '{if ($1~/^eth/) {temp=$1} else {print temp $0}}'" ssh server "exec " < file_containing_above_command But neither works Without awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to execute a remote script in the background

Help please!! I want to use ssh to execute a remote exe and while it's running I want to query for the process ID of the exe (2 different ssh commands) 1. sshpass -p "<passwd>" ssh -f -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@<ipaddress> nohup /tmp/mmds_asyn & 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvompoluTMW
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to execute a script on a remote host

Hi, I am new to the expect scripting. I have this expect script as below : spawn ssh remote_server -l id set pass "12345" set opt "s" expect "Password:" {send "$pass\r" ; } expect "*ENTER*" {send "Enter\r"; exp_continue } expect "Please select option :" {send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curt137
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Execute script located on a remote machine

So, is there way of automating this ? My ultimate goal is to run some cmd script in windows and it should connect to a remote unix host and run a script x.sh located on the remote unix host. I was wanting to achieve this by using WinSCP and Putty only. If possible let me know how and if not... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a local script against a remote server

I am unable to run the below script against a remote server due to syntax error (then unexpected), but i am able to run it locally. Am i executing it correctly or is there any other way to execute it. ssh username@servernname ksh -s < scriptname #!/bin/ksh function record { ((end =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies
RSH(1)							      General Commands Manual							    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh - remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-n] [-l username] host [command] host [-n] [-l username] [command] DESCRIPTION
Rsh connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The remote username used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option. This remote name must be equivalent (in the sense of rlogin(1)) to the originating account; no provision is made for specifying a password with a com- mand. If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. Thus the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile appends remotefile to otherremotefile. OPTIONS
-l username Specify the remote user name. -n Connect standard input of the remote command to /dev/null. Do this if rsh should not inadvertently read from standard input. SEE ALSO
rcp(1), rlogin(1), rhosts(5). BUGS
You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)); use rlogin(1). 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 RSH(1)