Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem installing Solaris on a V890 using flash Post 302096276 by reborg on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 07:00:19 PM
Old 11-14-2006
For a jump to get that far the driver will be loaded.

It wouldn't just be a case of the network settings being applied to the incorrect interface, would it?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem installing Solaris 9

Hi all, i am new in solaris, i have a solris server Ultra 60, when i turn on the server show me the follow error: Bad magic number in disk label can`t open disk label package Boot device: net File and args: Timeouot waiting for ARP/RARP packet Timeouot waiting for ARP/RARP packet .... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elimunoz
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 on a V890

Question, I have a new V890 preloaded witrh Solaris 10. Due to SW compatibility I need to run Sol 8 on the server. When running boot cdrom from the ok prompt, I get amessages looking for a location on the CDROM to find the startup install SW. The path must be different from what's on Sol 10 install... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
4 Replies

3. Solaris

problem installing solaris 10

I tried to install solaris 10 on a Netra T2000 server. From prompt ok, I entered "boot cdrom - install" command. Then, things seems to work normally. Except that nothing happend after displaying "Configuring the /devices". It seems that, installation never arrived to configure /devices. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thom
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem installing Solaris 10

Hello to everybody, I`m Trying to install solaris 10 in a e3000 sun sparc.I have to create a instalation server, because de scsi cdrom doesn`t work.When i am in the prompt and write boot net, everything is going great i see the banner ( Solaris 5.10 64 bits version bla bla bla) but sudenly stop... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 10 on Flash Drive

Where can I find instructions for doing this? I am running Win XP and would like to be able to run solaris 10 from my flash drive. Thanks, Carrie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carrie Heiser
3 Replies

6. Solaris

HBA problem...? at SF V890

Dear All, I need your help. I have server like this SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 with messages like this... Oct 10 17:07:52 iscsi: NOTICE: unrecognized ioctl 0x403 Oct 10 17:07:52 scsi: WARNING: /pseudo/fcp@0 (fcp0): Oct 10 17:07:52 Invalid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 x86 from USB flash drive

Dear friends, I have the DVD image of solaris 10 but I don't have DVD writer to burn it onto a dvd R. I was wondering if I could install Solaris from my 4gb usb flash drive as my PC supports booting from usb. I have installed Windows 7 this way recently, I have no idea about Solaris. Could you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies
EF(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     EF(4)

NAME
ef -- pseudo-device driver providing support for multiple Ethernet frame types SYNOPSIS
device ef DESCRIPTION
The ef pseudo-device driver clones each Ethernet type device with four additional interfaces. Each of them is capable to send or receive only one predefined frame type. Names for the new interfaces are created by adding a fN suffix to an existing device name. Where N is a device unit which can have one of the following values: 0 interface with an Ethernet_II frame 1 interface with a Novell Ethernet_802.3 frame 2 interface with an Ethernet_802.2 frame 3 interface with an Ethernet_802.2/SNAP frame support. For example, device ed0 will be populated with four devices: ed0f0, ed0f1, ed0f2 and ed0f3. After that, each device can be configured as usual: # ifconfig ed0f1 ipx 0x105 This will configure IPX protocol with network number 0x105 and Ethernet_802.3 frame type. Please note that it is impossible to configure the IPX protocol on the parent ed0 device after the if_ef.ko driver has been loaded. If the parent interface is not configured for any other protocol (IP for example), subinterfaces will not function. To avoid that, the par- ent interface should be manually marked as ``up'': # ifconfig ed0 up EXAMPLES
The ef driver can be loaded via the loader.conf(5) file: if_ef_load="YES" In this case, ordinary interface configuration commands can be used in the rc.conf(5) file: network_interfaces="ed2 lo0 tun0 ed2f0 ed2f1" ifconfig_ed2f0_ipx="ipx 0x101" ifconfig_ed2f1_ipx="ipx 0x102" DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
ipx(3), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@FreeBSD.org>. CAVEATS
Avoid to configure the parent Ethernet device for the IPX protocol, after the ef driver is loaded. BSD
June 20, 1999 BSD