Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find authentication log Post 302096178 by sysgate on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 09:08:24 AM
Old 11-14-2006
Hi, you can go into /var/log folder, "auth.log" and "messages" would be helpful files to read.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

where i can find Log files of system

Hello world please, i would like to know where i can find all of : 1 Every connexion whith FTP 2 Every connexion whith telnet 3 Every connexion whith RCP 4 Every event when crash will arrive thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mktahar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find log file between two dates

Dear All, Please can you help me to crack this query? If the log files for the task above all had a naming convention of myoutput_YearMonthDay.log (i.e. myoutput_20060215) How would you find only those log files created between the 10th and the 20th of each month going back the last 365 days.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justin_mca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a NCSA module for Squid authentication in Solaris

Hi guys, Im using Solaris 10 x86 on my VMWare My newb work is trying to configure the Squid authentication with basic scheme for my Apache server. Now Im stucking at this configure line "auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/passwd" In my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tien86
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the IP adress in the log file

Hi, I need to find out the repeated IP address from the apache log file from my box. I did try to come out with the script, but I could not grep out the repeated Ip Address from the error_logs and need to redirect to a file. Can you guys please help me out of this problem. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
9 Replies

5. Solaris

how to find whether audit log is secure?

How do i find if audit logs is secured inside Solaris 10? · Verify that that audit log files are secured and owned appropriately. this is the question (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: werbotim
1 Replies

6. AIX

where can i find mksysb.log?

hi guys, i need to find mksysb.log that i can prove that i backed up the system properly. does anyone have an idea where i can find it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the occurence of particular string in log file

I have a log file which looks like this: <845185415165:STATUS:5/0:0:0:0:0|ghy59DI5zasldf87asdfamas8df9asd903tGUVSQx4GJVSQ==> I have to extract DATE and number of times the keyword STATUS is shown on each date. Input is : <1354625655744:STATUS:5/0:0:0:0:0|ghy59DI5ztGUVSQx4GJVSQ==>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddyrox
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the any log which is not updated since particular date?

Hello, Iam running with one issue, since particular date looks like one of the script vanished from the system after restarting of the system. I dont know which scrit it was but definatelt there should be one. but might be some logs would be there which have not updated from that day. so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Users Access - AD Authentication - User can't log in?

I have a user who's having troubles logging into one of my servers, that is authenticating with AD. After glancing over /etc/passwd, I found the users account is different than mine and others who aren't having any issues. What's the difference between these two accounts? What's the "1 60 14 60" ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
1 Replies

10. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)