10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
Hi with the help of Gabriel canepa, i have just edited filename only in his code. The help which i got and he helped is
1) I have around 22 logs and each log should be updated in the last 24 hours from the current timestamp.
2) It should check for ERROR message (not error,Error) in the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
We have around 22 logs , each has different entries. I have to automate this using shell script. The ideas which am sharing is given below
1) We use only TAIL -100 <location and name of the log> Command to check the logs.
2) We want to check whether the log was updated before 24... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to work on this script that needs to monitor a Directory.
In case there are no files received in that Directory for the last 5 minutes, it has to send out an alert.
Could someone please suggest any approach for the same.
Note: I did check out various previous psts -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a process which after some time continues move a files to some folder(say the name of the folder is logdir)
What i am trying to do is as the files are coming to the logdir folder, I want the latest updated time and date
of the folder in PERL. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a requirement to find the last updated files from a directory whcih has subdirectories and inside them we have files with .txt,.doc,.xls .. extensions. i have to find those files which were updated in the last 1hr and rename the files with respective <sub-directory>_<filename> and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have many sets of files as shown below(here i have shown 2 sets)
from each set of files i need to select the latest updated file(there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
how to make the log.txt file and record date and time when ls, touch and find command run?
Boly (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused:
using this command?
find . -name "*.log" -mtime ??
so what should i put for mtime?
wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Is there a shell command that will allow me to list index files in the /home directory for all users on a server that have been updated within the past 24 hours?
(e.g. index.htm .html .php in/home/user1/public_html /home/user2/public_html /home/user3/public_html etc ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kain
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
my problem is teh following:
I need to move a file from a folder to another and I usually do it by the get command but in this case I have a list of file in the source folder and I have to select only the lust updated one.
Ho to do this?
All the files have the same name followed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callimaco0082