Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to send parameters to script Post 302096160 by nir_s on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 07:49:14 AM
Old 11-14-2006
Hi naamas03,

I wrote something for example:
Code:
#! /bin/csh

set DIR=$1

cd $ORACLE_HOME/$DIR
ls

The script is executed as the following:
Code:
./send_param.csh bin

I sent paramter to the script . In this case is the directory "bin".

Regards,
Nir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call a script from another script passing parameters

I want to call script2 from script1 passing parameters. I want to read the parameters list in script1, check the local directory (for example - lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5|) for the existance of files and set the` lcount` to the number of files in this folder (`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to loop over Directory and send Filesname as parameters

Hi there I'm new to UNIX scripting; I’m stuck with the following I have an Oracle SQL script that takes three parameters 1- File Name 2- File Path 3- File creation date Under UNIX I have a folder where files will be placed frequently and I need to upload those files to Oracle, what I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windjashi
3 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to pass parameters to awk script from shell script

Hello, I have this awk script that I want to execute by passing parameters through a shell script. I'm a little confused. This awk script removes duplicates from an input file. Ok, so I have a .sh file called rem_dups.sh #!/usr/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD