Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to send parameters to script Post 302096156 by RTM on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 07:41:10 AM
Old 11-14-2006
./yourscript admin

#!/bin/csh -f
#
cd /usr/$1
pwd
exit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call a script from another script passing parameters

I want to call script2 from script1 passing parameters. I want to read the parameters list in script1, check the local directory (for example - lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5|) for the existance of files and set the` lcount` to the number of files in this folder (`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to loop over Directory and send Filesname as parameters

Hi there I'm new to UNIX scripting; I’m stuck with the following I have an Oracle SQL script that takes three parameters 1- File Name 2- File Path 3- File creation date Under UNIX I have a folder where files will be placed frequently and I need to upload those files to Oracle, what I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windjashi
3 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to pass parameters to awk script from shell script

Hello, I have this awk script that I want to execute by passing parameters through a shell script. I'm a little confused. This awk script removes duplicates from an input file. Ok, so I have a .sh file called rem_dups.sh #!/usr/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
pwd(1)								   User Commands							    pwd(1)

NAME
pwd - return working directory name SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pwd DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes an absolute path name of the current working directory to standard output. Both the Bourne shell, sh(1), and the Korn shell, ksh(1), also have a built-in pwd command. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of pwd: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. If an error is detected, output will not be written to standard output, a diagnostic message will be written to standard error, and the exit status will not be 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cd(1), ksh(1), sh(1), shell_builtins(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
``Cannot open ..'' and ``Read error in ..'' indicate possible file system trouble and should be referred to a UNIX system administrator. NOTES
If you move the current directory or one above it, pwd may not give the correct response. Use the cd(1) command with a full path name to correct this situation. SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1995 pwd(1)