Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk space error.
Operating Systems AIX Disk space error. Post 302096110 by johnf on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 04:36:58 AM
Old 11-14-2006
Please run a df command and paste the result here. Also take a listing of rootvg (where I trust /home resides) use the command lsvg -l rootvg. Also lsvg rootvg. Paste all out put on your reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Out of disk space?

Hi I'm trying to install gcc and the installation program tells me that I'm out of disk space! I have just installed the os (using the default settings for partitions and sizes) and have only installed apache on the machine. Can it really be out of disk space already? How do I check how much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk space?

I'm a Unix newbie running Solaris 9. After installing a fresh copy on a 40GB drive I noticed the available disk space is 2% free or approximately 200MB available. Is that possible? Did I do something wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

disk space

Hi experts i am new in unix and informix and would like to ask 2 questions 1) my server shows when using df -k fs 1024-block used available /usr 10079072 3668670 6381144 does this mean i have 10GB, and used up 3.7GB and available 6.3GB ??? is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Disk Space

Hi Experts. I had 100% disk full , even though i have removed 2 GB space still dbf command shows 100%. How to rectify that. Appreciate your prompt help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test10002
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

disk space

when i check /export directory of my machine gets filled up (85%) i removed some old logs. but after cleaning df -k command still shows that /export is still 85% full. Is there a way to force df to reflect actual free space without rebooting? My machine is a production one and can't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing disk space script in AIX

#!/bin/ksh for AIX used=0 mount=${1:-"/mountpoint"} threshold=${2:-80} #message="hello" #SUBJECT="Disk Space Alert" #EMAIL="xyz@abcinc.com" used=`df -k $mount | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g'` #echo "Free Space available under \"$mount\" is `expr 100 - $used`%.\n">$message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshw61
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk Space

Hi, I am installing TAM-eb components in solaris V10.o, unfortunately am running out of space. when I -df i come across a lot of directories. i would like to know whether there is any way to free some disk space. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space?

Hi, I have this : uname -a Linux servername 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 23 15:57:10 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux df -k Sys. de fich. 1K-blocs Occupied Disponible Capacity Monted on /u01/applis 10321208 3190160 6606760 33% /applis Does it mean... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Subject: value out of range error on a disk with free 40 GB space

Hi, I installed RHEL 6.0 OS on vmware with CREATE CUSTOM LAYOUT option. And I gave the space to different mount points as mentioned below: / 15360MB /boot 200MB /tmp 3072 MB swap 1024 MB fdisk -cul command shows the disk size as 64.4 GB. But when I try to create partion of 10 GB with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GAURAV SRIVASTA
1 Replies
FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)						  firewalld.zones						FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)

NAME
firewalld.zones - firewalld zones DESCRIPTION
What is a zone? A network zone defines the level of trust for network connections. This is a one to many relation, which means that a connection can only be part of one zone, but a zone can be used for many network connections. The zone defines the firewall features that are enabled in this zone: Predefined services A service is a combination of port and/or protocol entries. Optionally netfilter helper modules can be added and also a IPv4 and IPv6 destination address. Ports and protocols Definition of tcp or udp ports, where ports can be a single port or a port range. ICMP blocks Blocks selected Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) messages. These messages are either information requests or created as a reply to information requests or in error conditions. Masquerading The addresses of a private network are mapped to and hidden behind a public IP address. This is a form of address translation. Forward ports A forward port is either mapped to the same port on another host or to another port on the same host or to another port on another host. Rich language rules The rich language extends the elements (service, port, icmp-block, masquerade and forward-port) with additional source and destination addresses, logging, actions and limits for logs and actions. It can also be used for host or network white and black listing (for more information, please have a look at firewalld.richlanguage(5)). For more information on the zone file format, please have a look at firewalld.zone(5). Which zones are available? Here are the zones provided by firewalld sorted according to the default trust level of the zones from untrusted to trusted: drop Any incoming network packets are dropped, there is no reply. Only outgoing network connections are possible. block Any incoming network connections are rejected with an icmp-host-prohibited message for IPv4 and icmp6-adm-prohibited for IPv6. Only network connections initiated within this system are possible. public For use in public areas. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. external For use on external networks with masquerading enabled especially for routers. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. dmz For computers in your demilitarized zone that are publicly-accessible with limited access to your internal network. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. work For use in work areas. You mostly trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. home For use in home areas. You mostly trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. internal For use on internal networks. You mostly trust the other computers on the networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. trusted All network connections are accepted. Which zone should be used? A public WIFI network connection for example should be mainly untrusted, a wired home network connection should be fairly trusted. Select the zone that best matches the network you are using. How to configure or add zones? To configure or add zones you can either use one of the firewalld interfaces to handle and change the configuration: These are the graphical configuration tool firewall-config, the command line tool firewall-cmd or the D-BUS interface. Or you can create or copy a zone file in one of the configuration directories. /usr/lib/firewalld/zones is used for default and fallback configurations and /etc/firewalld/zones is used for user created and customized configuration files. How to set or change a zone for a connection? The zone is stored into the ifcfg of the connection with ZONE=option. If the option is missing or empty, the default zone set in firewalld is used. If the connection is controlled by NetworkManager, you can also use nm-connection-editor to change the zone. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)