Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do Unix admins or contractors earn these days? Post 302095856 by Just Ice on Friday 10th of November 2006 06:35:57 PM
Old 11-10-2006
industry certification will get your resume out of the round file but your lack of experience may be harder to get past ... if your IT experience says something that you have done work similar or the same as what a Unix SA does, you have a chance of getting in the door if you can convince a prospective employer/recruiter that your certification and your experience can be a big asset ...

rates? depends on where you're at ... could be $25 or could be $75 or could be higher ... around metro-boston at the time of the win2k work --- i was able to get $45 with barely any experience ...that's not gonna happen now ...

good luck!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days?

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days? This is a big question think about it... - SUN unix certification? - SCO unix certification? - SOLARIS unix certification? - .... AIX 4 AIX 4.1 AIX 4.2 AIX 4.x BSDI 2.0 FreeBSD 2.2 HP-UX 10 HP-UX 10.10 HP-UX 10.20 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dominic
7 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

how to earn money with linux

hi all. hi my name is david i am new in this forum. its been a year since I am on linux ubuntu and i realy do enjoy with it. i spend lots of time on it reaserch and learn different types of things about unix and mostly linux. i am 16 years old and i am in school. i was wondering is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david16256
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Is Weblogic useful for unix admins?

Hi, I Need small conformation that "Upto what extent Weblogic is useful for Admins? Need help ASAP...PLz do the Favour. Thanx in Advance...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How do you earn bits?

Just wondering how these are accumulated, I recently made a search and noticed that mine had gone up- I'm guessing that it's based on user activity i.e. writing posts but is there a list of actions that accumulate them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
3 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalieXXzs SzabieXX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 Time::Seconds(3pm)