Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find a data from several .tar,.gz files Post 302095759 by gkrishnag on Thursday 9th of November 2006 11:31:04 PM
Old 11-10-2006
find a data from several .tar,.gz files

Hi

I have a several files with .tar or .gz in a known location.

i have files with one of the several files of .tar or .gz
text.txt
help.pl
move.txt

how do i write a script to find out those particular files .tar or .gz where that contains the above mentioned files (i.e, text.txt,help.pl,move.txt)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find files older than x days and create a consolidated single tar file.

Hello, I need help in finding files older than x days and creating a single consolidated tar file combining them. Can anyone please provide me a script? Thanks, Dawn (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dawn Bosch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and tar 700 files

i have some 700 files of the same pattern differing only in their datestamp. below some of the files. i want to tar them all into one tar file.but the below normal command is telling me "arg list too long" tar -cvf Archive1.tar CurrentCollectorMeterReadBackup* also i tried the below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find most recent files in dirs and tar them up?

Hey all.. This should be simple but stoopid here can't get head around it! I have many directories, say 100 each with many files inside. I need a script to traverse through the dirs, find most recent file in each dir and add it to a tar file. I can find the files with something like for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobdung
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files older than and containing then tar.

I'm tring to: find files recursively older than x days that contain dat or DAT then tar them I can find the files older than 90 days containing dat with this: find . -mtime +90 -type f -name "*dat*" -exec tar -cvvfp /some/path/some.tar {} \; but how do I do it case insensitive? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

6. Programming

How to find the matching data b/w 2 files in perl?

Hi friends,, i have find the matching data between 2files. My file1 have a data like rs3001336 rs3984736 rs2840532 File2 have a data like rs3736330 1 2359237 A G 0.28 1.099 0.010 rs2840532 1 2359977 G A 0.363 0.3373 1.123 rs3001336 1 2365193 G A 0.0812 0.07319 1.12 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the matching data b/w 2 files in perl?

Hi friends,, i have find the matching data between 2files. My file1 have a data like rs3001336 rs3984736 rs2840532 File2 have a data like rs3736330 1 2359237 A G 0.28 1.099 0.010 rs2840532 1 2359977 G A 0.363 0.3373 1.123 rs3001336 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find *.tar files under all subdirectories

Hi there, I'm new to shell scripting... I've a situation like to find *.tar files under all subdirectories in "/home/abcd" and i used the below, find /opt/lhapp ! -name "temp" | more the above works fine.. Now don't need search few direcotries like "/home/abcd/aaaa",... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files count mismatch when used with Tar with find

Hi I have used the below steps and found some discrepancies step 1 : find ./ -type f -mtime +7 -name "*.00*" | wc -l = 13519 ( total files ) ( the size of this files is appx : 10GB ) step 2: find ./ -type f -mtime +7 -name "*.00*" | xargs tar zcvf Archieve_7.tar.gz step... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)