Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NVRAM change
Operating Systems Solaris NVRAM change Post 302095708 by pressy on Thursday 9th of November 2006 01:58:51 PM
Old 11-09-2006
it would help if you post the output from that boot, so we could see the error message that drops the solaris to the maintenance mode...

regards pressy

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nvram reset or crack password

Hello guys ,and girls. Im having a very interesting problem. I have a Netra SUN machine and i had it here for quite a while now...i wanted to install it as a new server and todo so i needed to mount a cd rom and to change the boot at the prom level to cdrom. this could work but i forgot the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talroze
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nvram?

what is its signifance and how do you flush it. i was reading this book that said something about flushing the nvram before un-installing it. how do you do that and also whats the purpose of this nvram when the regular RAM is available (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Nvram

I have Ultra1 SUN machine, its NVRAM got damaged. I purchased new NVRAM. now the host id of the new nvram is by default different than the old one.Any way to program it to change the new host id to be the same like the host id of the damaged one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostid "nvram"

Hi; what are the steps to modify the hostid and ethernet address "nvram content" of Sun ultra 5 and Sun ultra 10 machines, simple steps if available would be appreciated Ultra 5 P/N 380-0176-01 ultra 10 P/N 600-3796-02 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
2 Replies

5. Solaris

new NVRAM

what is the requirements to install a new nvram for sun fire v890 server. should I keep the same host id and mac address, or it doesn't matter the server will boot with the new nvram regardless to the host id and mac address. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gad314
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help with nvram

Hi Gurus, Can somebody explain me actually how a NVRAM works on a sparc server. I am really confused and the same level of confusion with eeprom . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

7. AIX

Resetting the NVRAM

Does anybody know how to reset the NVRAM on a System p 520 (power 5)? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Can Missing mpk Code be added via NVRAM

Guys, I'm fighting a real bitch of a problem. I've got 2 Tadpole Bullfrog sun4u laptops. One just lost is NVRAM battery - invalid IDPROM. The idprom is virtually all zeros. Clock ticks, NVRAM appears good...testing with and with battery out. Our damn Tadpole boys removed virtually every method of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forjack842
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)