Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enabling TFTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers enabling TFTP Post 302095498 by zazzybob on Tuesday 7th of November 2006 06:40:38 PM
Old 11-07-2006
tftp doesn't listen on port 21 - it's port 69.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP setup

ok, I configured inetd.conf so that the tftp string is not commented out, but I cannot get the process to start. I'm running Solaris 5.8 and need some help. Cabletron said that it's process is 3485, i tried to kill it, it's the wrong process. I started inetd again and still can't kill it. i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

TFTP question

I have been hearing that this protocol offers faster throughput rate than FTP, is it true? If so, are there any compromise in reliability on data being sent? How do I set up a TFTP transfer instead of a FTP to download? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
3 Replies

4. Linux

tftp question

RH 7.2 I am attempting to get tftp working but I'm having a problem. On the server, xinetd has libwrap options compiled in. I have a deny all policy in my hosts.deny file and the following entries in my hosts.allow file: in.tftpd:.10.151.2.6 But...when I attempt to tftp from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix tftp server

Does anyone know of a Unix TFP server that can tftp more then 32 meg? For Windows there is http://tftpd32.jounin.net but I cannot see a Unix one. Thoughts???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calieddy
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP not found

Hi, I'm trying to run the tftp client on tsch shell and I get command not found, but on bash tftp ran fine, can anyone help me on how to run it on tsch? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsn
1 Replies

9. Linux

tftp will not start.

I have setup nimol on a Fedora 9 machine. Nimol is installed and correctly configured and I have a client rs6000 (43p) declared in the dhcpd.conf file. all is running correctly and tftp is installed. I am monitoring /var/log/messages when I start the 43p and see the dhcp request come in and a reply... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Enabling TFTP in Solaris 10

Hi, I was trying to enable TFTP on my Solaris 10. I started with un-commenting the tftp line in /etc/inetd.conf and inetconv -i /etc/inetd.conf for tftp installation. I did reboot the server afterwards, but i still cannot find the /tftpboot directory. though the return of svcs -a | grep -i tftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Salama
0 Replies
roar_socket_listen(3)					System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio				     roar_socket_listen(3)

NAME
roar_socket_listen - Opens a new listen socket SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_socket_listen(int type, char * host, int port); DESCRIPTION
Opens a new listening socket for network clients to connect to. You may accept new connections via accept(2). PARAMETERS
type The type of the Socket. See the list below. host The host or path name to listen on. This depends on the type argument. For TCP/IP to listen on any interface use a value of "0.0.0.0". port The port number to listen on. This may be ignored by types not supporting port numbers. SOCKET TYPES
ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_UNKNOWN The type will be auto detected. Don't use this if you know the type. Only use this to support user given addresses and enable auto detection. ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_TCP Use a TCP/IP connection. This is standard mode for networking. host is the hostname or IP to listen on and port is the port number to use. ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_INET Same as above but deprecated. Use ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_TCP. ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_UNIX UNIX Domain Socket. This should be default for local connections. host is the filename of the socket. ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_DECNET DECnet socket. ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_FORK This is to fork a roard to communicate with. Can't be use to listen on, just to connect to. host and port is ignored at the moment. ROAR_SOCKET_TYPE_FILE This is used to open a plain file. Can't be use to listen on, just to connect to. host is the filename to connect to. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return filehandle. On error, -1 is returned. BUGS
Listening on UDP sockets is not supported at the moment. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
accept(2), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_socket_listen(3)