Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers trying to replace a disk, that's all... Post 302095274 by mr.moralito on Monday 6th of November 2006 02:42:23 AM
Old 11-06-2006
thanks for the reply. i did not verify with <format> that i could see the disk before unconfiguring, however, after unconfiguring, replacing, and failed attempt to reconfigure... the format output does not recognize the disk.

I'll give the devfsadm a try and post back with results.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem replace disk with RAID-5 volumes

Good morning, I have a problem replacing a disk with raid-5 volumes. An hardware error was occurred from a disk c9t3 so all slices were in maintenace. Every slice is part of a raid-5 volume. Any replica is present. Following Volume manager manual for replacing a disk, I have: - phisically... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
0 Replies

3. Solaris

how to replace disk in solaris 10?

solaris os run on X86. bootdisk have been mirrored.but there is one disk miss,I want to replace the fail disk,but after I replace the disk,the system can't boot! pls help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netxjman
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to replace failed disk?

Dear all Please can any one explain me how to replace failed disk in Solaris 10. Please tell me the step by step procedure. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
9 Replies

5. SCO

Replace Disk

Originally Posted by panos83 Hello there Sir, according to this old post, https://www.unix.com/sco/100001-warni...ler-found.html i try to restore an old image to a new hard disk drive. The problem is that i don't have basic information such as: 1) Which btld driver do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot remove and replace failed disk

-bash-3.00# zpool detach zonepool c1t1d0 cannot detach c1t1d0: only applicable to mirror and replacing vdevs -bash-3.00# zpool remove zonepool c1t1d0 cannot remove c1t1d0: only inactive hot spares, cache, top-level, or log devices can be removed -bash-3.00# zpool offline zonepool c1t1d0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubunutu 8.04.4 RAID 1 mirror replace disk

Hi, I have an Ubuntu system which I have an faulted mirror. I trying to replace the disk, but I'm stuck on that it boots and only showing GRUB GRUB ## ## End Default Options ## title Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS, kernel 2.6.24-26-server root (hd0,0) kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Replace zpool with another disk

issue, I had a zpool which was full pool_temp1 199G 197G 1.56G 99% ONLINE - pool_temp2 199G 196G 3.09G 98% ONLINE - as you can see, full so I replaced with a larger disk. zpool replace pool_temp1 c3t600144F0FF8BA036000058CC1DB80008d0s0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Bad disk, how to replace ?

Hello, I see hard and transport errors on all disks under treso pool and looks like some data corruption too. I want to take backup before, I reboot and replace disk. As of now, there are no slots free on server, so one option is, to break mirror, remove second disk (I need two disks, because... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
repair_packages(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					repair_packages(8)

NAME
repair_packages -- verify or repair filesystem permissions and flags for packages. SYNOPSIS
repair_packages [arguments] DESCRIPTION
repair_packages is used by Disk Utility to verify or repair permissions on installed packages. ARGUMENTS
--volume Perform all operations on the specified volume or home directory. The root volume '/' will be used if unspecified. --list-standard-pkgs Output the list of package-id strings corresponding to receipts in the installer's receipt database that will be verified or repaired by the --standard-pkgs flag. --verify Verify the specified package(s). --repair Repair the specified package(s). --pkg package-id Add the specified package to the list of packages to verify or repair. --standard-pkgs Add the standard packages to the list of packages to verify or repair. Use --list-standard-pkgs to view this list. --output-format # Use a special output format selected by #. Different output formats may be optimized for human or machine readability. The default output-format is '0', and is a verbose, human-readable format. NOTES
repair_packages only runs on 10.6 or later systems. To verify or repair permissions on earlier systems, reboot with a Tiger or Leopard system disk and verify or repair permissions with the repair_packages version on that disk. SEE ALSO
pkgutil(1) http://lists.apple.com/archives/installer-dev BUGS
repair_packages does not verify file contents or restore missing files; It can only verify or repair filesystem permissions. Mac OS June 2, 2019 Mac OS