Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do Unix admins or contractors earn these days? Post 302095261 by Perderabo on Sunday 5th of November 2006 07:32:06 PM
Old 11-05-2006
This is not a technical question, so I moved it to our off-topic section.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days?

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days? This is a big question think about it... - SUN unix certification? - SCO unix certification? - SOLARIS unix certification? - .... AIX 4 AIX 4.1 AIX 4.2 AIX 4.x BSDI 2.0 FreeBSD 2.2 HP-UX 10 HP-UX 10.10 HP-UX 10.20 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dominic
7 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

how to earn money with linux

hi all. hi my name is david i am new in this forum. its been a year since I am on linux ubuntu and i realy do enjoy with it. i spend lots of time on it reaserch and learn different types of things about unix and mostly linux. i am 16 years old and i am in school. i was wondering is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david16256
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Is Weblogic useful for unix admins?

Hi, I Need small conformation that "Upto what extent Weblogic is useful for Admins? Need help ASAP...PLz do the Favour. Thanx in Advance...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How do you earn bits?

Just wondering how these are accumulated, I recently made a search and noticed that mine had gone up- I'm guessing that it's based on user activity i.e. writing posts but is there a list of actions that accumulate them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
3 Replies
File::HomeDir::Unix(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    File::HomeDir::Unix(3)

NAME
File::HomeDir::Unix - Find your home and other directories on legacy Unix SYNOPSIS
use File::HomeDir; # Find directories for the current user $home = File::HomeDir->my_home; # /home/mylogin $desktop = File::HomeDir->my_desktop; # All of these will... $docs = File::HomeDir->my_documents; # ...default to home... $music = File::HomeDir->my_music; # ...directory $pics = File::HomeDir->my_pictures; # $videos = File::HomeDir->my_videos; # $data = File::HomeDir->my_data; # DESCRIPTION
This module provides implementations for determining common user directories. In normal usage this module will always be used via File::HomeDir. SUPPORT
See the support section the main File::HomeDir module. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
File::HomeDir, File::HomeDir::Win32 (legacy) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. Some parts copyright 2000 Sean M. Burke. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2012-10-19 File::HomeDir::Unix(3)