Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems amending files using vi Post 302095244 by S0laris_B0y on Sunday 5th of November 2006 12:07:55 PM
Old 11-05-2006
THANKS alot I've figured out how to do it.

Cheers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

FTP user files permissions problems!!!

Hi, I have a problem with my ftp accounts whereby if any external ftp party connects to our server and puts any file in a directory on our server. The file permissons are always -rw-r----- and no read for others. I have adjusted the ftp user .profile to include 'umask 022' but this only works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

amending crontab entry

Ok , im not sure if this can be done but I am writing a script that will install a package . I need it to remove the crontab entry for the old version and replace it with the crontab entry for the new version (which is slightly different) the old entry is 0 22 * * 0 /opt/SUNWexplo/explorer -mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting words then amending to a file

i want to count the number of words in a file and then redirect this to a file echo 'total number of words=' wc -users>file THis isnt working, anyone any ideas. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iago
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems comparing files

Hello guys, I have another problem, let me try to explain, i have two files: cat file1 2623559 2623562 2623565 2623568 2619503 cat file2 "53382743","6600000000000256053",30,2 "53382744","6600000000000256054",30,2 "53382745","6600000000000256055",30,2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problems with batch files for Cygwin/rxvt

I'm trying to write batch scripts of the kind that start a Cygwin session in rxvt from the desktop, with the added feature that the session starts in a folder other than $HOME. I want to do this for two folders I use often. According to the manpage, rxvt has a "-cd" command. Therefore, at first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems for listing files between two dates

Hi, I have a requirement as mentioned below. I have a file Start.log which is present in a directory called logs. the file is pipe delimitted as shown below e.g. file content 01 | jsSeq | 2013-01-31 00:02:00 | 500 The third field is date column (YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking error message from XML file, amending to script

Hello all, I have a question about creating a script that will look for messages on one of our MQ series systems, and fix them. Currently, if we issue a command for example Command.sh errors it gives us: ID:c3e2d840d4f3f3d74040404040404040cb2ef4e62f70f702 <?xml version="1.0"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash with problems related to files

Hi unix people, i'm really a newbie and i've created a small bash to process some picture with ImageMagick. I have just some issue and i think this script, if we can help me to correct in right way, could be useful! Basically i have a Eyefi Card who puts files into a folder called "picture"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riccardo
1 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)