Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy file from UNIX to shared directory Post 302095023 by djtrippin on Thursday 2nd of November 2006 06:40:41 PM
Old 11-02-2006
You can connect to Windows shares via Samba.

http://us3.samba.org/samba/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Shared Home directory between Unix servers

Hi Im working in an environment where 2 production and 2 testing unix servers are used.. All these servers share the same home directory.. how is it done where would the home directory be located (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
0 Replies

2. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a directory from a server (UNIX) to a PC (Windows)

Hello, I already do some question about this topic. I already establish the conection from the server (Centus) whit the windows PC using SSH. Now I have two problems: 1- The server always ask me about a password to copy the files to the windows pc, I don't know how to avoid this, if someone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeestrada
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a file to a directory?

Hello all, I've been researching this problem for days, and have gotten no luck . =/ How do you copy a file to another directory without being in the same directory as the file? So, for example, say I wanted to copy the file 'my.txt' that is in the directory ' /export/hom0/user/asdf ' to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvnqiu
9 Replies

6. Programming

how to copy file to a directory

Hello, I've been spending a lot of hours trying to imitate cp copying a file to a directory. cp I just can't seem to write to a specified directory, it only creates a copy on the current directory. any hints/tips will help! Thanks! here's the code i've been trying to manipulate: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file from UNIX to shared location

Hi All, I want to transfer file from UNIX to shared locataion . Shared location doesn't resides on my system. Can somebody tell me is there any way i can transfer file from UNIX to shared location without using any tool WINSCP. Thanks, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit786
1 Replies

10. Linux

Cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi, While running tcpdump command on my Fedora 16 machine I am get shared library issue. # tcpdump tcpdump: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory # which tcpdump /usr/software/sbin/tcpdump I have tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
3 Replies
nisshowcache(1M)                                          System Administration Commands                                          nisshowcache(1M)

NAME
nisshowcache - NIS+ utility to print out the contents of the shared cache file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisshowcache [-v] DESCRIPTION
nisshowcache prints out the contents of the per-machine NIS+ directory cache that is shared by all processes accessing NIS+ on the machine. By default, nisshowcache only prints out the directory names in the cache along with the list of active servers. The shared cache is maintained by nis_cachemgr(1M). OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. Print out the contents of each directory object, including the information on the server name and its universal addresses. FILES
/var/nis/NIS_SHARED_DIRCACHE ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis_cachemgr(1M), syslogd(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages are sent to the syslogd(1M) daemon. NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Dec 2001 nisshowcache(1M)