Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX sem_open(), -lrt and creating a library Post 302094976 by Corona688 on Thursday 2nd of November 2006 10:25:00 AM
Old 11-02-2006
Any particular reason you can't use -lrt? That's what it's there for.

[edit] More detail

Being your library is static, it can't link to -lrt by itself -- for that matter, it's not linked at all yet, it's just a bundle of object files. If you built a dynamic library instead, it could resolve it's own libraries.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-02-2006 at 11:34 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sem_open problem

I can't compile these codes with g++. my system is linux (kernel is 2.4.0 ). When I try to compile this program with g++ -o semw semw.cpp It always tells me that sem_open sem_close,sem_post do not exist.But I have checked semaphore.h,I can not find any problems. Anyone can compile these codes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lance
2 Replies

2. Linux

load error while creating shared library

Hi, I am trying to create shared library. When i run the script to build the library i get these errors ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken ld: fatal: file libgc.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masg1
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command nonrecurslu listing ls -lrt

---------------------------------------------------------------------- I have tried find . type -f -exec ls -lrt {} \; but it listed files recursively ,I need only that dir files not internal dir file. --------------------------------------------------------------------- (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

" ls -lrt " not working ! --- Need a insight from a expert .

Hi ! All This might be a silly question.. to experts in unix. but defintely its a interesting question and I want to know the root cause. Here is the problem.... I have a Linux OS box. It has diff files systems. When I go to a DIR like this /RootDIR/NFS/myDIR and give ls -lart .. it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using ls -lrt instead of ls

I have a requirement in which I shud use ls -lrt instead of ls command because when we use ls command we get an error..the script part where i get error is given below for SAPRESPONSEFILES in `ls $SAPRESPONSEGOFILE | sed "s/go/dat/g"` basically the script processes the files of format... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with ls -lrt

I am doing ls -lrt and it does not respond and have to close the xterm ls works ok (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to concatenate multiple files based on the rest of ls -lrt

uadm@4132> ls -lrt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 3811819 Jun 6 04:08 data_log-2010.05.30-10:04:08.txt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 716246 Jun 13 01:38 data_log-2010.06.06-10:04:08.txt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 996 Jun 13 04:00 data_log-2010.06.06-10:04:22.txt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 7471 Jun 20 02:03... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
5 Replies

9. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does total no. of files in ls -lrt o/p means?

when we fire ls -lrt command we see o/p as total 16 drwx------ 9 root root 8192 May 8 2002 lost+found drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 512 Jun 14 2002 TT_DB drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 512 Jul 31 2002 mail here total no. of files is always greater than... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies
DLCLOSE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						DLCLOSE(3)

NAME
dlclose -- close a dynamic library or bundle SYNOPSIS
#include <dlfcn.h> int dlclose(void* handle); DESCRIPTION
dlclose() releases a reference to the dynamic library or bundle referenced by handle. If the reference count drops to 0, the bundle is removed from the address space, and handle is rendered invalid. Just before removing a dynamic library or bundle in this way, any termina- tion routines in it are called. handle is the value returned by a previous call to dlopen. Prior to Mac OS X 10.5, only bundles could be unloaded. Starting in Mac OS X 10.5, dynamic libraries may also be unloaded. There are a cou- ple of cases in which a dynamic library will never be unloaded: 1) the main executable links against it, 2) An API that does not supoort unloading (e.g. NSAddImage()) was used to load it or some other dynnamic library that depends on it, 3) the dynamic library is in dyld's shared cache. RETURN VALUES
If dlclose() is successful, it returns a value of 0. Otherwise it returns -1, and sets an error string that can be retrived with dlerror(). SEE ALSO
dlopen(3) dlsym(3) dlerror(3) dyld(3) ld(1) cc(1) Nov 6, 2006