Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script help Post 302094867 by ragha81 on Wednesday 1st of November 2006 05:17:03 PM
Old 11-01-2006
hi

thanks ghostdog.. It did work. I dont know aht I missed initially.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Run perl script in the current process

I have a question regarding running perl in the current process. I shall demonstrate with an example. Look at this. sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ cat test.sh #! /bin/sh cd /etc sh-2.05b$ ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ . ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /etc sh-2.05b$ So... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting perl script from within a perl script with variables.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I can print the list with no issue. Just a blank screen with the 'do'. #!/usr/bin/perl open FILE, "upslist.txt"; while ($line=<FILE>){ if ($line=~/^(.*?),(.*?)$/){ #print "ups:$1 string:$2\n"; do 'check_snmp_mgeups-0.1.pl -H $1 -C $2'; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
PMUNPACKEVENTRECORDS(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   PMUNPACKEVENTRECORDS(3)

NAME
pmUnpackEventRecords - unpack event records C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> int pmUnpackEventRecords(pmValueSet *vsp, int idx, pmResult ***rap); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
Event records are encoded as a packed array of records within a pmResult using a container metric with a value of type PM_TYPE_EVENT. pmUnpackEventRecords may be used to unpack event records from a metric value identified by vsp and idx. If the metric has a singular value, idx should be 0, else the ordinal instance value identified by idx will be unpacked, i.e. vsp->vlist[idx]. The unpacked records are turned into pmResult structures, one per event record and one metric per event parameter, and rap is returned as a pointer to an array (NULL pointer terminated) of pointers to the pmResult structures. Some control information from the packed event records is unpacked into additional ``anonymous'' metrics as follows: 1. If the event record has a non-zero flags value, then the corresponding pmResult will have the flags value encoded with the additional metric event.flags that is inserted ahead of all other event parameters. 2. If the event record flag is set to PM_EVENT_FLAG_MISSED, then the corresponding pmResult will have one metric event.missed with a value that equals the number of event records ``missed'' because either the PMDA could not keep up, or the PMAPI client did not collect the event records fast enough. pmUnpackEventRecords returns the number of pmResult structures as the return value, which is >= 0 for success. rset and the associated pmResult structures may be freed using the convenience function pmFreeEventResult(3). RETURN VALUE
The following errors are possible: PM_ERR_CONV The values associated with vsp are not encoded using the format PM_VAL_DPTR or PM_VAL_SPTR, or the flags at the head of the event record has an unexpected value. PM_ERR_INST The value associated with vsp is not singular as expected. PM_ERR_TYPE vsp is not a value of type PM_TYPE_EVENT. PM_ERR_TOOSMALL The value identified by vbp is not legal because the value length is less than the minimum size, or the number of event records encoded in the (value header) pmEventArray structure is negative, or the number of missed event records in the pmEventArray array is negative. PM_ERR_TOOBIG Either vsp indicates more than one value is present (all the event records are expected to be packed in a single metric value), or when unpacking the event records, the processing continues past the end of the enclosing value. Indicates corruption of the packed event record. PM_ERR_TYPE Event parameters must have one of the arithmetic types, else PM_TYPE_AGGREGATE, PM_TYPE_STRING or PM_TYPE_AGGREGATE_STATIC. other values < 0 refer to pmErrStr(3). SEE ALSO
PMAPI(3) and pmFreeEventResult(3). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMUNPACKEVENTRECORDS(3)