Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access Awk Variables Outside Scope Post 302094236 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 26th of October 2006 07:16:55 AM
Old 10-26-2006
This is clunky but will work:
Add this one last line in the END section:
Code:
printf ("FAIL=%d\nSUCCESS=%d\nTOTAL=%d",totalfailrecs,totalsuccessrecs,totalrecs)>"temp.sh"

in your shell script
Code:
chmod +x ./temp.sh
. ./temp.sh

This will "import" three variables: FAIL SUCCESS TOTAL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

Sorry in the wrong forum. Moving this to right forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access variables across scripts

Hi All, I have declared a variable in script1 and assign a value for it. In script2 i'll call script1 and then I want the value of variables set in script1. I have tried with export, but in vain. How can I achive this? Below is the two scripts. --script1 #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaDev
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??? [scope of variables]

Heres an example..... <~/abc>$ cat textfile line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 line 5 <~/abc>$ cat try.sh #/bin/ksh for runs in 1 2 3 do A=$runs echo "Inside A : $A" done echo "Outside A : $A" <- works fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qzv2jm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access variables from profile file

Hi all, I hav created one profile file in which i have declared some variables i want to knw how can i access these variables into my xyz.ksh file when i am trying to do " echo $variablename " its giving me an empty line i have done export variable also in the profile file. Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt about variables scope

I call my script with two parameters myscript.sh aaa bbb What is the way to access $1 and $2 values inside a function? I call the function like this myfuntion $1 $1 but inside of the function, $1 and $2 are empty. Any suggestions? thank you in advanced. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aristegui
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables scope.

Hi , I'm trying to change the variable value in a while loop , however its not working it seems that the problem with subshells while reading the file. #!/bin/sh FLAG=0; cat filename | while read data do FLAG=1; done echo $FLAG Should display 1 instead displays 0 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read loop; scope of variables (shell)

If I set a variable within a while-read loop, sometimes it's local to the loop, sometimes it's global, depending on how the loop is set up. I'm testing this on a Debian Lenny system using both bash and dash with the same results. For example: # Pipe command into while-read loop count= ls -1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjd_tech
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scope of variables between scripts

Friends, I am using ksh under SunoS. This is what I have In file1.sh NOW=$(date +"%b-%d-%y") LOGFILE="./log-$NOW.log" I will be using this file through file1.sh as log file. I have another script file2.sh which is being called inside my file1.sh. I would like to use the same log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
6 Replies

10. Programming

Regarding the protected variables access

Hello forum, I am siva working as programmer .I was blocked with the below issue so please help any of the forum memebers. testve.h class cv { protected : struct state; state& m_state; }; testVe.cpp struct state { m_size; } the above are 2 files which have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
3 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)						 1					       MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

maxdb_stmt_affected_rows - Returns the total number of rows changed, deleted, or inserted by the last executed statement

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_stmt_affected_rows (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb_stmt->affected_rows () maxdb_stmt_affected_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE query. If the last query was invalid or the number of rows can not determined, this function will return -1. RETURN VALUES
An integer greater than zero indicates the number of rows affected or retrieved. Zero indicates that no records where updated for an UPDATE/DELETE statement, no rows matched the WHERE clause in the query or that no query has yet been executed. -1 indicates that the query has returned an error or the number of rows can not determined. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* create temp table */ $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city WHERE state LIKE ?"; /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = $maxdb->prepare($query)) { /* Bind variable for placeholder */ $code = 'N%'; $stmt->bind_param("s", $code); /* execute statement */ $stmt->execute(); printf("rows inserted: %d ", $stmt->affected_rows); /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* create temp table */ maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city WHERE state LIKE ?"; /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = maxdb_prepare($link, $query)) { /* Bind variable for placeholder */ $code = 'N%'; maxdb_stmt_bind_param($stmt, "s", $code); /* execute statement */ maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("rows inserted: %d ", maxdb_stmt_affected_rows($stmt)); /* close statement */ maxdb_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: rows inserted: 4 SEE ALSO
maxdb_stmt_num_rows(3), maxdb_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)