Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP# Strangeness Please Help
Special Forums IP Networking IP# Strangeness Please Help Post 302093781 by Corona688 on Monday 23rd of October 2006 12:00:37 PM
Old 10-23-2006
Site admins hate AOL since there is little consistent about their IP addresses. It's difficult to ban one AOL user without banning all of AOL.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expect Script Strangeness

Hi all, I am trying to use a very simple expect script to automate entering one or two details into a console connection of a solaris machine so that I can do a boot net - install. If I run the console connection script manually myself, it connects fine and when I hit enter, I am on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Cron strangeness

Good Morning Fellow Admins! I have a v880 running Sol9. The cron daemon is executing a crontab for a user and the user is in /etc/cron.d/cron.deny. /etc/cron.d/cron.allow exists and the user is not in it. What am I missing? Thanks in Advance! Tony (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH strangeness

Two SPARC servers running latest patches on S10U11. When the mysql account logs into either machine from a windows 7 workstation via putty or other ssh program, the first attempt works fine. Trying to ssh in from the same terminal a second time using either the mysql account or any other LDAP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
5 Replies
GREPCIDR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GREPCIDR(1)

NAME
grepcidr -- Filter IP addresses matching IPv4 CIDR/network specification SYNOPSIS
grepcidr [-V] [-c] [-v] [-e pattern | -f file] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the grepcidr command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. grepcidr can be used to filter a list of IP addresses against one or more Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) specifications, or arbi- trary networks specified by an address range. As with grep, there are options to invert matching and load patterns from a file. grepcidr is capable of comparing thousands or even millions of IPs to networks with little memory usage and in reasonable computation time. OPTIONS
-V Show software version -c Display count of the matching lines, instead of showing the lines -v Invert the sense of matching, to select non-matching IP addresses -e Specify pattern(s) on command-line -f Obtain CIDR and range pattern(s) from file EXAMPLES
grepcidr -f ournetworks blocklist > abuse.log Find our customers that show up in blocklists grepcidr 127.0.0.0/8 iplog Searches for any localnet IP addresses inside the iplog file grepcidr "192.168.0.1-192.168.10.13" iplog Searches for IPs matching indicated range in the iplog file script | grepcidr -vf whitelist > blacklist Create a blacklist, with whitelisted networks removed (inverse) grepcidr -f list1 list2 Cross-reference two lists, outputs IPs common to both lists AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryan Finnie ryan@finnie.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. GREPCIDR(1)