Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP# Strangeness Please Help
Special Forums IP Networking IP# Strangeness Please Help Post 302093705 by jolene on Sunday 22nd of October 2006 11:30:34 PM
Old 10-23-2006

Hey thanks. That cleared that right up.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expect Script Strangeness

Hi all, I am trying to use a very simple expect script to automate entering one or two details into a console connection of a solaris machine so that I can do a boot net - install. If I run the console connection script manually myself, it connects fine and when I hit enter, I am on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Cron strangeness

Good Morning Fellow Admins! I have a v880 running Sol9. The cron daemon is executing a crontab for a user and the user is in /etc/cron.d/cron.deny. /etc/cron.d/cron.allow exists and the user is not in it. What am I missing? Thanks in Advance! Tony (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH strangeness

Two SPARC servers running latest patches on S10U11. When the mysql account logs into either machine from a windows 7 workstation via putty or other ssh program, the first attempt works fine. Trying to ssh in from the same terminal a second time using either the mysql account or any other LDAP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
5 Replies
IP2HOST(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						IP2HOST(1)

NAME
ip2host - Resolves IPs to hostnames in web server logs SYNOPSIS
ip2host [OPTIONS] [cache_file] < infile > outfile infile - Web server log file. outfile - Same as input file, but with IPs resolved to hostnames. Options: --children=... Number of child processes to spawn (default: 40) --timeout=... Seconds to wait on DNS response (default: 20) --buffer=... Maximum number of log lines to keep in memory (default: 50000) --flush=... Number of lines to process before flushing output buffer (default: 500) --cache=... Filename to use as disk cache (default: none) --ttl=... Number of seconds before IPs cached on disk are expired (default: 604800 - One week) DESCRIPTION
This is a faster, drop-in replacement for the logresolve utility distributed with the Apache web server. It's been reported to work under Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Tru64, and IRIX. AUTHOR
Maurice Aubrey <maurice.aubrey+ip2host@gmail.com> Based on the logresolve.pl script by Rob Hartill. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007, Maurice Aubrey <maurice.aubrey+ip2host@gmail.com>. This module is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. README
Resolves IPs to hostnames in web server logs. This is a faster, drop-in replacement for the logresolve utility distributed with the Apache web server. SCRIPT CATEGORIES
Web perl v5.14.2 2012-02-15 IP2HOST(1)