Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP# Strangeness Please Help
Special Forums IP Networking IP# Strangeness Please Help Post 302093705 by jolene on Sunday 22nd of October 2006 11:30:34 PM
Old 10-23-2006

Hey thanks. That cleared that right up.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expect Script Strangeness

Hi all, I am trying to use a very simple expect script to automate entering one or two details into a console connection of a solaris machine so that I can do a boot net - install. If I run the console connection script manually myself, it connects fine and when I hit enter, I am on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Cron strangeness

Good Morning Fellow Admins! I have a v880 running Sol9. The cron daemon is executing a crontab for a user and the user is in /etc/cron.d/cron.deny. /etc/cron.d/cron.allow exists and the user is not in it. What am I missing? Thanks in Advance! Tony (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH strangeness

Two SPARC servers running latest patches on S10U11. When the mysql account logs into either machine from a windows 7 workstation via putty or other ssh program, the first attempt works fine. Trying to ssh in from the same terminal a second time using either the mysql account or any other LDAP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
5 Replies
sleep(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						 sleep(3C)

NAME
sleep - suspend execution for an interval of time SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> unsigned int sleep(unsigned int seconds); DESCRIPTION
The caller is suspended from execution for the number of seconds specified by the argument. The actual suspension time may be less than that requested because any caught signal will terminate the sleep() following execution of that signal's catching routine. The suspension time may be longer than requested by an arbitrary amount because of the scheduling of other activity in the system. The value returned by sleep() will be the ``unslept'' amount (the requested time minus the time actually slept) if the caller incurred premature arousal because of a caught signal. The use of the sleep() function has no effect on the action or blockage of any signal. In a multithreaded process, only the invoking thread is suspended from execution. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nanosleep(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Feb 2008 sleep(3C)