Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris check list for installing solaris 9 Post 302093688 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 22nd of October 2006 12:15:07 PM
Old 10-22-2006
but this is for sol8 and u told about sol9... whatever. happy you found it Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installing solaris from PC

Hi all , Is there a way that i could install Solaris 9 on an E2900 server from my pc/laptop DVD ??? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10

Hi All, Il jump straight in.. Iv been asked to install Sun Solaris 10 for a friend and Il be honest.. Iv never installed one before.. Iv looked at some documentation on installing but nbothing to represent my problem.. I downloaded the Solaris 10 Software from sun.com on 5 cd`s.. burnt them... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdude
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to list or view the files in .pkg (solaris) and how to extract without installing

In Linux for .rpm we can list or view the files using the command rpm -qpl <file.rpm> and to extract, the command is rpm2cpio <file.rpm> | cpio -idvh I would like to know the commands which has same functionality as above for solaris ( .pkg) Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
5 Replies

5. Hardware

Installing Solaris

Hello ladies and gentlemen I had a notebook 250 GB for windows 7, 250 GB for slackware, by the live dvd slaris i installed solaris in partition of windows, instalation ok, when i restart, i can not access menu bios or menu boot, and my notebook doesn't boot any dvd ,.. any help what i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris

Hello ladies and gentlemen I had a notebook 250 GB for windows 7, 250 GB for slackware, by the live dvd slaris i installed solaris in partition of windows, instalation ok, when i restart, i can not access menu bios or menu boot, and my notebook don't boot any dvd ,.. any help what i can do,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
7 Replies
BINKD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  BINKD(8)

NAME
binkd - transfer files between two Fidonet systems over TCP/IP SYNOPSIS
binkd [-CcDipqrsvmh] [ -P node ] config-file DESCRIPTION
Binkd is a Fidonet mailer designed to operate via TCP/IP networks. As a FTN-compatible internet daemon, it makes possible efficient uti- lization of TCP/IP protocol suite as a transport layer in FTN-based (Fido Technology Network) networks. Binkd expects your spool for Fido-like networks to be in BSO ("Bink style outbound") or optionaly ASO ("Amiga style outbound") format. BSO is also used by ifmail and BinkleyTerm mailers. OPTIONS
-C Binkd running with this option will reread the configuration file if it is changed. The modification time of the configuration file is checked every 60 seconds and on every incoming and outgoing connection. -c Start client only. Normally Binkd starts both server and client. -D Run Binkd as a daemon (cannot be used for client-only mode). -i Run Binkd from inetd. -P Poll a node. An empty *.ilo file in the outbound will be created, which will force Binkd to connect to and to receive mail from the node ( Binkd will also add "Node node * -" record to the table-of-nodes in Binkd 's memory if there is no entry for the node in the configuration file). -p Start client manager, process polls, quit if the queue seems to be empty after the next rescan. Implies -c. -q Quiet mode. Turns off printq, conlog and percents statements of configuration. -r Disable crypt traffic. -s Start server only. Normally Binkd starts both server and client. -v Be verbose. This flag can be specified multiple times for even higher verbosity. Binkd -v will dump binkd's version and quit. Binkd -vvv binkd.cfg will dump binkd's configuration and still work. -m Disable CRAM-MD5 authorization. Implies -r. -n doing not call or listen (only check cfg and make polls) -h Print help message. SIGNALS
SIGHUP Causes Binkd to reload it's config. SEE ALSO
inetd(8) Binkd homepage, http://homepage.corbina.net/~maloff/binkd/ ftp://happy.kiev.ua/pub/fidosoft/mailer/binkd/ "Binkd User Guide" by Nick Soveiko, http://www.doe.carleton.ca/~nsoveiko/fido/binkd/man/ AUTHORS
Dima Maloff <maloff@tts.magadan.su> and others. This manual page is based on "Binkd User Guide" by nsoveiko@doe.carleton.ca (Nick Soveiko) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <binkd-bugs@happy.kiev.ua> 2 Oct 2008 BINKD(8)