Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Carriage Return at end of file Post 302093578 by anbu23 on Friday 20th of October 2006 12:22:00 PM
Old 10-20-2006
Above code should work. I dont know whats happening in your case.
Try this

Code:
sed "$ d" $outdir/date.txt > temp
mv temp $outdir/date.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to pick up name from the following including carriage return at end of the line

has anyone got any suggestions how i would pick up the string as part of a substitution inclusive of the carriage return. ie i want to pick up <<NAME>> from the PS output but the <<; seems to be on the line before the NAME. Any ideas are appreciated! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing carriage return characters from file

Hello there, I need to remove carriage return characters (\n and \r) from any input file specified. This is what I am doing right now: - dumping the file to octal format using the command 'od -c file_name - removing and \s and \n characters using sed commands What I need to do now is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1saini
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove a carriage return at end of variable

Is there a command in unix to remove a carriage return character(^M) at the end of a variable value? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagship99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Carriage Return and or line feed from a file

Hello I'm trying to write a shell script which can remove a carriage return and/or line feed from a file, so the resulting file all ends up on one line. So, I begin with a file like this text in file!<CR> line two!<CR> line three!<CR> END!<CR> And I want to end up with a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbone231
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add carriage return at end of file

Hi I would like to add carriage return at end of file, because we need to mask the customer names for detailed records. Some what the file doesnot have carriage at end of line of last record.So that i 'll get 2 records when use ---aa.txt----- 1|aaa|bbb|ccc 2|bbbb|hghgh|ggg 000002 tail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HAA
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with Removing Carriage Return (^M) in delimited file

Hi - I tried to remove ^M in a delimited file using "tr -d "\r" and "sed 's/^M//g'", but it does not work quite well. While the ^M is removed, the format of the record is still cut in half, like a,b, c c,d,e The delimited file is generated using sh script by outputing a SQL query result to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirahc
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Padding Carriage return to the end of XML file

Hi All, I am getting a xml file where the first field contains a carriage return and the all other fields doesnot contains any carriage return. So all the other records comes in the second line. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ns0:iSeriesCspIntegration... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasj22
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a carriage return at end of each line

Hi All, I am reading two files and writing out the file name and count of lines in each file to an output file. My script looks like this: echo "input_file1.out;`wc -l < input_file1.out | sed 's/^]*\(.*\)]*$/\1/'` " > comp_file1.out echo "input_file2.out;`wc -l < input_file2.out | sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Carriage return in a file after particular string

Hi All, I want to remove carriage return in a file using some unix command without writing a script my file is as follows abc1 abc2 abc3 abc4 abc5 bac6 abc1 abc2 abc3 abc4 abc5 bac6 I want the output as follows: abc1 abc2 abc3 abc4 abc5 bac6 abc1 abc2 abc3 abc4 abc5 bac6 , Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish8484
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to delete carriage return and new line in csv file

Hi All, I have a problem loading the data from a csv file As you see below in the Input ,For the Data starting with " there are 2 lines, which i want to make them into single without changing the format of that data. You can see the desired output below: While i try to open the csv file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
4 Replies
pssh(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   pssh(1)

NAME
pssh -- parallel ssh program SYNOPSIS
pssh [-vAiIP] [-h hosts_file] [-H [user@]host[:port]] [-l user] [-p par] [-o outdir] [-e errdir] [-t timeout] [-O options] [-x args] [-X arg] command ... pssh -I [-vAiIP] [-h hosts_file] [-H [user@]host[:port]] [-l user] [-p par] [-o outdir] [-e errdir] [-t timeout] [-O options] [-x args] [-X arg] [command ...] DESCRIPTION
pssh is a program for executing ssh in parallel on a number of hosts. It provides features such as sending input to all of the processes, passing a password to ssh, saving output to files, and timing out. OPTIONS
-h host_file --hosts host_file Read hosts from the given host_file. Lines in the host file are of the form [user@]host[:port] and can include blank lines and com- ments (lines beginning with "#"). If multiple host files are given (the -h option is used more than once), then pssh behaves as though these files were concatenated together. If a host is specified specified multiple times, then pssh will connect the given number of times. -H [user@]host[:port] --host [user@]host[:port] -H "[user@]host[:port] [ [user@]host[:port ] ... ]" --host "[user@]host[:port] [ [user@]host[:port ] ... ]" Add the given host strings to the list of hosts. This option may be given multiple times, and may be used in conjunction with the -h option. -l user --user user Use the given username as the default for any host entries that don't specifically specify a user. -p parallelism --par parallelism Use the given number as the maximum number of concurrent connections. -t timeout --timeout timeout Make connections time out after the given number of seconds. With a value of 0, pssh will not timeout any connections. -o outdir --outdir outdir Save standard output to files in the given directory. Filenames are of the form [user@]host[:port][.num] where the user and port are only included for hosts that explicitly specify them. The number is a counter that is incremented each time for hosts that are specified more than once. -e errdir --errdir errdir Save standard error to files in the given directory. Filenames are of the same form as with the -o option. -x args --extra-args args Passes a extra SSH command-line arguments (see the ssh(1) man page for more information about SSH arguments). This option may be specified multiple times. The arguments are processed to split on whitespace, protect text within quotes, and escape with back- slashes. To pass arguments without such processing, use the -X option instead. -X arg --extra-arg arg Passes a single SSH command-line argument (see the ssh(1) man page for more information about SSH arguments). Unlike the -x option, no processing is performed on the argument, including word splitting. To pass multiple command-line arguments, use the option once for each argument. -O options --options options SSH options in the format used in the SSH configuration file (see the ssh_config(5) man page for more information). This option may be specified multiple times. -A --askpass Prompt for a password and pass it to ssh. The password may be used for either to unlock a key or for password authentication. The password is transferred in a fairly secure manner (e.g., it will not show up in argument lists). However, be aware that a root user on your system could potentially intercept the password. -i --inline Display standard output and standard error as each host completes. -v --verbose Include error messages from ssh with the -i and options. -I --send-input Read input and send to each ssh process. Since ssh allows a command script to be sent on standard input, the -I option may be used in lieu of the command argument. -P --print Display output as it arrives. This option is of limited usefulness because output from different hosts are interleaved. EXAMPLE
Connect to host1 and host2, and print "hello, world" from each: pssh -i -H "host1 host2" echo "hello, world" Print "hello, world" from each host specified in the file hosts.txt: pssh -i -h hosts.txt echo "hello, world" Run a command as root with a prompt for the root password: pssh -i -h hosts.txt -A -l root echo hi Run a long command without timing out: pssh -i -h hosts.txt -t 0 sleep 10000 If the file hosts.txt has a large number of entries, say 100, then the parallelism option may also be set to 100 to ensure that the com- mands are run concurrently: pssh -i -h hosts.txt -p 100 -t 0 sleep 10000 Run a command without checking or saving host keys: pssh -i -H host1 -H host2 -x "-O StrictHostKeyChecking=no -O UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -O GlobalKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" echo hi EXIT STATUS VALUES
0 Success 1 Miscellaneous error 2 Syntax or usage error 3 At least one process was killed by a signal or timed out. 4 All processes completed, but at least one ssh process reported an error (exit status 255). 5 There were no ssh errors, but at least one remote command had a non-zero exit status. AUTHORS
Written by Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> and Andrew McNabb <amcnabb@mcnabbs.org>. http://code.google.com/p/parallel-ssh/ SEE ALSO
ssh(1), pscp(1), prsync(1), pslurp(1), pnuke(1) February 25, 2010 pssh(1)